TI Calendar

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Darth Android

TI Calendar

Post by Darth Android »

I have created a public google calendar to hold ti community events. this calendar can be added to your other google calendars by clicking this link.

The goal is for any group to be able to have events added to the calendar such as release dates, schedule server downtime, contest start/ending dates, etc. without be partial to any specific group. Simply send an email to ticalendar@gmail.com with details about the event to have it added to the calendar or have an event changed.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Nice idea! *adds*

hmm... a little empty and a little to much UTI :P ah well, there isn't really that much happening i guess
Darth Android

Post by Darth Android »

Yeah I was hesitant to come here myself because of the anti-UTI sentiment I've heard about that exists here, but here's the standings: It's empty because it was started two days ago and it has a lot of UTI stuff because few have submitted anything else. Perhaps there can be an unofficial contest on who can put the most events on the calendar *innocent eyes*

The main reason I did this was because I don't have time to keep up with events on several different forums and I feel it'd be nice to have them all in one place. This will also make it easier for a dev to get the word out about a project, because he/she won't have to go posting on 10,000 different forums for everyone to see it.

P.S. if there's a url where people can find more out about an event, be sure to include it in the email so people can jump directly to the topic/forum about a specific event.

P.P.S. Google calendar is free to sign up for, so no hesitations!
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Yeah, I know what you mean. Well it sounds like a good idea to me :). Is there any way to add things, or can only owner/admins of the calender do that?

Oh wait. Nvm. I see we have to mail you (?). :)
GuillaumeH

Post by GuillaumeH »

Good idea :)
Darth Android

Post by Darth Android »

Yes, you have to send an email to ticalendar@gmail.com
Knowing the way people behave, there'd be at least one person from UTI removing maxcoderz events and vise versa if i simply made the calendar editable by anyone. It's a shame that people can't get along.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

great idea Darth!
The Revolution is here...
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Although lots of people think that there is a negative relationship between MaxCoderz and UnitedTI, its not really that serious. Im sure i speak for every MaxCoderz staff member when i say that UnitedTI is an integral and valuable part of this community.

Im sure you wont have to worry about anyone editing certain groups events etc, but it is better to be safe than sorry :).

Neat idea btw, i will have to shoot an email off to you soon :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

I agree with tr1p. I can't think of a person doing such childish things over at UTI or here at MaxCoderz. :)

Maybe you can give certain people, you 'trust', right to edit it?
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

I also agree. While we all know that MaxCoderz is better ( :lol: ) I don't think that anyone would resort to sabotaging the events of the other site. I look forward to seeing news from all the calc sites there. Since I don't usually sign on to UTI, it would be nice to see information there about projects being worked on. I am highly looking forward to some of the projects there, like the sonic game.

Hmm, a little while ago there was CalcWebZine to combine news from all the sites. I don't think that they're still around though. While they were up, they were a great source of news though.

Has revsoft been notified? and omnimaga? You know, Maxcoderz and UTI aren't the only calc sites around.

Edit: I noticed the omnimaga anniversary. So, revsoft? Everyone here is just talking about UTI and Maxcoderz.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Revsoft? What's a revsoft? There is no revsoft! :insane:

Anyway, Calcwebzine was nice. It was a little project of me, and was fun to make, but took me to much time. So I stopped being responsible for it. Soon after that, it was took down because of inactivity
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

CompWiz wrote:Hmm, a little while ago there was CalcWebZine to combine news from all the sites.
That's rather ti-news.net.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

CoBB wrote:
CompWiz wrote:Hmm, a little while ago there was CalcWebZine to combine news from all the sites.
Not really. CalcWebzine combined it, ti-news.net just fetched and displayed it.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

kv83 wrote:Revsoft? What's a revsoft? There is no revsoft! :insane:
TRAITOR!

Revsoft is the best, as everyone knows. They just don't bring it up because mentioning it causes them to tremble in awe and fear.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

kv83 wrote:
CoBB wrote:
Not really. CalcWebzine combined it, ti-news.net just fetched and displayed it.
Well, what is their conglomerate if not a combination of news from many sources? Calcwebzine wasn't really working off various news sources (which wouldn't make much sense anyway for a human-edited column), rather directly from the developers or from forums as far as I remember.