Your Computer Specs

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Actually I think the problem now is that the P3 doesn't have all the optimization crap. It doesn't even have SSE2. Not that it'd make a stunning run if it had SSE2.

hey are those tests done using intel's 915PM chipset?

EDIT: 915GM chipset on that laptop? Geez, I have a better chipset :)
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Out of curiosity, how does the nvidia geforce go 6600 compare with the ati radeon x700?
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php ... &card2=193

mobility x700 is better imho, but the 6600 go has better shaders.
bananas... o.o
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I just noticed this laptop.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

For the prices, I think they're both the same price wise. Of course you get PS3 support with the 6600, but if cards have generally a hard time keeping up with pumping decent frames, then it makes you wonder how good it'll be with pixel shader 3.0.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1 ... 364,00.asp
X700 review
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

Shader model 3.0 lets developers create visual effects that will force less capable programmable pipelines to run multiple passes (full rerenders generally) at best. This means, that even if you have a cheap, bad gfx card with SM3.0 support, older and faster cards trying to mimic the new card will get tremendous FPS drops or even fail totally.

NVidia is the most interesting to high-end developers and non-Windows users, I dunno any valid arguments for non-developing Windows users about the diff.

And "pixel shader" is wrong, use "fragment shader program" instead :)
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Hahah Fragment Shader, I was playing on Fable today and I wnated to see how shadows would look on the lowest setting, it was quite blocky :(