84silver.com's competitions

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

84silver.com's competitions

Post by DarkAuron »

If you havn't checked calcgames.org lately, you might want to, to get in on the competitions going. They're pretty easy but as far as I can tell, theres only one winner for each one. I say calcgames.org because it was described pretty well on there. And if you want, you can vote on my graphiti entry if you'd like 8) It's far better than any other ones I've seen :roll:
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Moved at your request.

The competitions are pretty cool, for US citizens anyway :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Yeah, it's a shame you can't join in the fun, I'd be interested to see what kind of design you could come up with. :twisted:
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

Bah, i'll enter anyway. I don't think i will win so whatever.

EDIT: omg! is it just me or is this site way too slow to make a decent design? and where;s the undo button?
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

dam DA, you did that by hand on a mouse :x

and for dailup, that site sucks major for me, to load up DA's pic, took like 3 minutes >_<
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

leofox wrote:Bah, i'll enter anyway. I don't think i will win so whatever.

EDIT: omg! is it just me or is this site way too slow to make a decent design? and where;s the undo button?
I'm quite confident on winning at least the First Prize 8)

And yes, the flash tool is deathly slow. Also lacks features. Theres no undo, no erase tool. Just a bunch of bright, ugly colors, opacity selection, stamps, and background selection. Blah. I think I did quite well though..

And the reason why the tool is so slow is because it creates an object in flash everytime you click. That.. adds up pretty quickly. If you want a bit more speed out of it, right-click the drawing tool and change the quality to low. Should run a lot faster without accurate curves and antialiasing ;)

Also if you want the full story on the competition, I read the terms several times and I figured out that one person from each of the 52 pools (each pool being each of: 50 states, canada, and District of Columbia) will win the First Prize: a ti-84+SE. Then after that theres a cool-down period afterward for 15 days where only one person from all of those 52 pools will win the Grand Prize, which is $1000, TI Navigator, and 30 ti-84+SE's for the school of his/her choice. If in any part of this theres a tie in either First Prize or Grand Prize, they do I random pick on those who tied. Evil.

I do hope the $1000 isn't TI-only stuff, only us nerds would find that useful; so I hope TI is in mind of everyone. As I uh.. have a need to upgrade my new computer and replace the fried cpu, among other things.
d4vz

Post by d4vz »

Nice job DA. Here's mine if you want to vote (coincidentally similar to DA's) http://www.84silver.com/contest_vote.php?id=1138

Also, why do you have to be from Texas?! :x
A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Oh yeah, I saw that one yesterday (last night I think). And.. what do you mean being from texas? Having TI near me you mean?
d4vz

Post by d4vz »

We're both from Texas, and they only take one per state right? Therefore if you were from another state, it would be less competition (most of the ones on there suck, but yours is really good :D ).
A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Oooooooohhh. I didn't know that :o Hrm, yeah.. sorry o.o I'm really really confident about winning in the state at least unless someone has 40 votes by now, because I almost have that much.. :?

Edit: To those of you who can't view it or would rather not view the 1000+ objects in flash, here's mine:

I'm trying not to be too spammy though.. :?
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

To be to cocky, I'm texas too. I challenge YOU!!!

*looks at FlashTI*

ehhh...nevermind.

Hey theres one guy from mcallen texas(my town), i thought I was the only nerd down here.
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

I made one, and it's incredibly ugly and random, and better than most of the others...

I said i lived in Utah :P
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I would realy appreciate it if everyone voted for my entry. Why? Because its better than everyone elses in my state and im showing some good old support for TI Incorporated. And 60% of the contestants are dumb, because they think they can win the contest by using one of the included fancy TI Backgrounds. :o True...its not a master piece, but its close and im a nice guy. :wink: So if you would like to gain my eternal gratitude and admiration vote for me. :D
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Hehe I voted for yours, as said on ticalc.org comments :)
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

DA has the best one I have seen so far. But with those tools it's impossible to make a really good looking one.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version