Pokémon

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

MathStuf

Pokémon

Post by MathStuf »

I am in the process of creating Pokémon for the 68k calcs.I have a lot of the graphics done, and it should look just like the GameBoy version. A lot of the data has also been coded and it's progressing fine. There are a few little bumps, but it's not holding up anything major. The movement engine is going to be one of the next things done on the program.
Spooner

Post by Spooner »

Good luck I hope this works out even though I don't like pokemon.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Sounds very cool, how many Pokémon will be in the game?
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
MathStuf

Numbers

Post by MathStuf »

It will be the full game. Everything (except for maybe some text with people) will be in the game.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

So, all 8.212300*10^234985283485 pokemon? :lol: Is this a Basic, asm, or C game? ('cause I think the 68k calcs can do C) Do you have some screenies you could post?
bananas... o.o
MathStuf

Numbers

Post by MathStuf »

Not that many, just the original 151 (I may make GSC, but memory space might kill those ideas). It's being done in C. All of my screenshots (what I made at least) were lost in the crash i had on Friday (as if my computer read my first post and decided to crash). I still have many of the files needed, but it put me back in a few days of work. TI-Freakware has one of the map demo, but the will look nothing like the finished game. I another one, if you search my forums, it's in there somewhere.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

I wonder how Mew would be obtained.. only way you could get it in the original is a gameshark/(cheating) or special promotions (which I did).
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
MathStuf

Mew

Post by MathStuf »

Don't worry, there'll be a way to catch it. There is going to be a secret cave that you must follow a few clues to get to. I already have the positions for them and the clues written up, you just need to find the first one.
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

wow, this sounds like a cool game... well it's pokemone :P... I'll somehow need to get an 89 titanium :P ...

btw, you can get 2 mews right before you go to the cerulean city gym without gameshark, just by using glitches... I myself happens to be a proud owner of those 2... >_<
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Are you sure? Stuff I read about that didn't work, most of the codes back then were fake and just got people uppity.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

DarkAuron wrote:I wonder how Mew would be obtained.. only way you could get it in the original is a gameshark/(cheating) or special promotions (which I did).
actualy, there is a glitch I used where a certain trainer is off the screen and if you use fly and walk towards him with perfect timing...he will walk at you as you are wisked away, go to lavander town, and after a bout with a particular trainer...get mew.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

/me is gonna try that.
MathStuf

Post by MathStuf »

Well...if I could get the program I'm making now off the ground, you could make a map where only Mews appear. Link to the forum about the program is below:
http://nerdyproductions.sobertillnoon.c ... m.php?f=38
MathStuf

Post by MathStuf »

The modding program is coming along smoothly. After a few days of bug testing and working on the readme, everyone (with access to an 89) will be able to make mods that will be run by the game. Any kind of game that can be run in the style of Pokémon will be able to be made. Nearly everything (except dialog/text as of now) will be able to be modded to make a completely new game.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

a grand idea...I like it alot, say weren't you working on a Kirby game for the 83+? I know somebody in your group was...
The Revolution is here...