Hays Games has Returned (again)

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

allynfolksjr

Hays Games has Returned (again)

Post by allynfolksjr »

We thought that they were gone for good, but it appears that is not so. Their geocities site is back up, and a pretty good read for some amusement. I'm still unsure on if we should do the petition thing, I don't expect getting 100 is a major problem. http://geocities.com/haysgames/
--Nikky
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Ahh! burned eyes! #_# People need to work on making websites eye-friendly. :P

EDIT: are their games any good?

EDIT EDIT: Hrm, I don't seem to understand. Are they retarded and annoying people or something? o_O Why do people not like them and what did they do? *goes to use the search button on these forums*
bananas... o.o
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Hays is a strange phenomenon, just that. I'd consider them history now, they were active many-many years ago. I don't think you'll find many references to them on these new forums.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

You're right, this is the only topic that comes up when I search for "hays". I dled some of their games, and it looks like they didn't make any of their own engines, they just modified already made games and put their own gfx in. What is doorways, and what is this phenomenon you speak of?
bananas... o.o
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

They shouldn't be taken seriously. A 'joke' group who also stole some games (i. e. replaced the credits), caused the annual 'Hays Flame War' on the A83 list (nowadays also unused), inspired the Crappy Coders Guild, a parody of their activities. Doorways is just a crappy 'Basic shell' or 'OS' as they put it. Good old times.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Fryedsoft and TIfreak8x over Omnimaga and KermMartian know a lot about them, I think fryedsoft posted a rant on his website about them at http://fryedsoft.calc.org
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

ImageImage
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Well, hokay, I signed the thingy. How come they still have stuff at ticalc.org then? Does ticalc still have the stuff they replaced the credits on?
bananas... o.o
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

From the sound of it, these are just a bunch of no-talent hacks that are trying to weaken the community. Spengo's on to something here, we should also petition ticalc to have their stolen wares removed.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

ImageImage
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Yeah, they really should remove the ticalc.org profile...

http://www.cemetech.net/news.shtml?151
Image Image Image
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

oh god, not again...
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

'Boku' can't save the world - Blaze Rennaul
--'Boku' doesn't have to... - Klyne Ryuuno
Blue World - Coming soon
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

That "Next week, last month" thing is pretty familliar to me, altough the sub title they has a few months ago before they went down was "The games that bill nagel stole from us" or somethign like that
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

I highly support the existance of Hays. Just because he's a troll doesn't mean his threats to Nuke China on the A83 List aren't hillarious as all hell.
He is the most valuable and important part of the history of the calc scene. Still one of the oldest calc programming groups who still pokes their head out once in a while. They've been at it since before I even picked up a TI83! (And I've been into calcs while SOS was new!)

Just like you can't have newgrounds.com without Strawberry Clock, PC gaming without Stellar Stone, NES gaming without THQ, or Filmmaking without Hal Warren, you cannot have a TI-Scene without Hays Games.

What a great guy.
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Yes, but they don't produce anything new. It's the same old story all over again, and it gets boring quickly after the initial magic wears off.