Summer Time!! Fun, or pain?

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Leumas
Extreme Poster

Summer Time!! Fun, or pain?

Post by Leumas »

Well I am now out of school, and I know that several others of you are as well. Instead of making a gigantic poll I want people to post what their plans are for the summer.

As for myself, this is the first year in a long time that i won't be a camp counseler (doesn't pay enough). Going to try and get a job :x. I will be trying to hang out with my friends as much as possible. And I will be trying to break my newbie programming addiction.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Yeah, I'm getting a job too, but I also have a project under my belt...
Shaun
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

finish leaning to program, go to beach, get pushed off compy somemore, maybe make a game...
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Spengo will try to get a job. He will also get a drivers licence(shoulda done that a long time ago, but oh well :P ). He will finish up GTA and start working on Dr. Snipe 2 :excited: . He will start saving money to buy a total pwnage laptop(it must be able to run games like Far Cry! :cowboy: ). He will have many lan parties and maybe figure out how to crack CSS and Half Life 2. 8) He will also learn to stop referring to himself in 3rd person.
bananas... o.o
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

lol...lloydkirk1989 will be very busy this summer. He'll probably be finishing some internet classes that he overloaded himself with durring the school year. Then, he may be going to Paris for a 3 week language camp to try get a solid grasp of the French language. Later, he will be going to a concerto competition in california. Hopefully, he will get some programming done by August 13. :)
randroid

Post by randroid »

Pain, definatly Pain. Farm work == pain, therefore summer == pain, so we can conclude that summer != fun. But after a great first year of college... how can summer be fun? heck for once in my life I wish I was at school, ya I know :shock:
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

hehe...I gotten nothing to do , the perFect summer. :P Nah I'm gonna have to find a new job this summer, I'm running low on cash as it is. But I should have mostly free time. Meaning BACK to programming!!! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Personally, I'm looking forward to the sleep. That the best thing to do. :D :D
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Well for me its not only for summer but probalby for the rest of my life, I will work 30-40 a week, but hopefully during the summer I might get some coding done. I read on Invisionfree that they will probably upgrade to Invision power board 2.0.x in the future so I'm not installing anymore javascript hacks and mods on it, I'll just add programs and news so basically not heavy work on my website, I hoppe to get more motivation to code though
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
FrostFusion

Post by FrostFusion »

I have to get a job for the summer. My wallet only has my id for school and a gift certificate to BlockBuster. I don't know where I will work though. I have a hard time keeping jobs. I never am motivated to work hard. But I think I will be working at a card shop. I like collectible card games like Magic and Gundam Wars
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

i don't like the summer. I have hay-fever...
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

I'll probably do some sailing.

I'll probably do some weight training.

I'm gonna work on a farm in Switzerland for 3 weeks.

I'm gonna program my own online game.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

You are going to program an entire game from the ground up?
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Well, I've just had a crap year at university so won't be coming back, and as a result will need to try and find a job somewhere (who would take me, though? Nobody). Couple that with a summer of headaches and illness (the heat doesn't work well) and lack of access to people, and I'm sure you get the picture.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

What you bailed on University for good? OH well, one does what needs to be done.

You are teh genius, so i dont think you will have trouble getting some good work :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

tr1p1ea wrote:You are going to program an entire game from the ground up?
Well yeah a game in PHP, not in C++. It will run on the ascendant of phpPhong called phpGourad. I will only make it if I can make it unique enough though. Alot of concepts have already been tried and I don't want to be unoriginal.

And yeah Ben, you we're fortunate enough to go to Cambridge, failing it doesn't mean you can't go to a less good university like most of the people here are going.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version