MaxCoderz Episode VI: Return of the Hitoshi

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Hitoshi

MaxCoderz Episode VI: Return of the Hitoshi

Post by Hitoshi »

LOL wtfbbq. what the hell happened?! my life been shit since I left HS. Went to court for smacking my slut girl friend, got assigned to anger control shit for 12 months, my parents are devorce and been getting threating stuff from me dad. But all in all me okay! holy moly this thing still goes on! I've scoured thru my disk and look what i find, my old project. one night I looked thru my work and notes and I am very impressed, wow i was a smart cookie! tried to desipher what I used to know and i think I'm getting it back. but damn just wanted to say hi, next post I'll post my old tales of magic 3 walk engine and see how you think. I've been out of this game so long not sure if my game still wow's people, heh.
Hitoshi

Post by Hitoshi »

so ya i'm back lol. here the link to my tales of magic 3.
http://home.comcast.net/~tkoizumi/Fftom3.zip
it's still in the making, ya I can't find the final version (demo) but that was crap compared to this. What happened is that was kind of scraped and was reprogrammed. To install, have whatever, ti-83 plus or ti-84 whatever. I recommend having the calc clear of data for safe install but whatever heh.

The program is still blunt, to the point. It's still in the making so forgive me, to install have everything in archive to archive and unarchive to ram, duh. to execute, use the program fftom. right now it's only walking program. Go ahead and look at the code for walking program, I was pretty damn impressed! I used boolean logic instead of that if statement, which is alot better I guess lol. if you unarchive Z08 program and run it that's the battle initiation program. you won't be able to go far with it but that's how it'll look like.

To see the 2nd character just start a new game. then quit the game while on walking program by using ON button (sorry that's the only way to quit for now). then change the List variable called Data to this:
1 -> Data(21
100 -> Data(22
Now try and run the battale program (Z08) and status option on the walking part of the game.

My true intention for this game was to make this game very dynamic. Last game I had, to change from chap to chap, I had to basically reprogram the entire game. Which was a pain in the ass. Now with this in mind all I had to do to change from chap to chap is the sprite and few list and string data. Heh, if everything goes well, this game will prob fit in one arch rom.

Also as you can see I've used String variable, yes a String variable! Does anyone do that now? I used STR1 and STR2. STR1 is the map data. Why string? 'cause it requires less memory to store numbers, like 75% less I think. Plus I still manage to retrieve data from str variable and convert that into actual interger to use in loading the map (tree, grass, npc, truck, event). dude I am a genius! LOL

Basic control:
arrow keys to move
2nd for menu
mode for temp off
sto> to quick save

ImageImage

One more thing! I've just browse thru my competition on the other games from various site. I just wanted to say wow! Basic is pimp! wtf happened? Looks like Omnicalc is really being used here. I feel so intimidated I'm not sure if I feel that special anymore... Ya I still used old method of resources and no I do not use omnicalc! Muhahaha and I still kind of manage that ASM feel interface for my game, so what now biatch. lol ok I'll shutdup
chronoflare

Post by chronoflare »

HITOSHI IS BACK!!! I actually remember you, somehow.
Long retired from this forum. For all of those who are still coding here back from the days I posted, rock on.
If you are interested to see what I am working on now go to http://www.axulyon.com/
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Cool to see you back once more, keep us posted when you can :) ... HOLY CR*P A DOWNLOADABLE FFTOM3 DEMO :excited: I need to check this out! :)

and yeah people happened to now use Omnicalc, because the new versions 1.2x now works on all TI-OS, prgms can be sent without any problem (the real( function is not only used in maths anymore) ), it doest crash, and now because of Omnicalc 1.20 or higher grayscale has taken over the TI world, even in BASIC (shameless Plug Cuz I want 2 test if Im able 2 use The URL tag On A Forum Properly but I'll not post the animated screenshot here cuz I'm on a Pentium II 350 MHz and it will crash if I do so)! See even the smilies are now grayscale :) :D :lol: 8) but FFTOM still rulez with its story and manga anims!

It's a good idea to use strings for maps because they are smaller and allow bigger maps. The only reason why I now use matrices is because I use XLIB to display my tilemaps instantly and with my Flash Gordonatized games I don'T have any memory errors. I need lot of speed to load 2 maps layers to have grayscale in my BASIC RPGs, which would take hours to load :P even with Omnicalc. Btw do you think you'll be able to fit the whole game into one chapter? :)

anyway cool to see new progress in this game, and you make me feel more movitated again to program. I guess I can bring the FFTOM3 project page back up at Omnimaga right?

EDIT: and yes some dumb n00bs hacked the forums again... twice since november
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

I dunno bout other people but I am not sure that this is real. Not so much with the second post but with the first post for two reasons 1. I always thought Hitoshi was more mature than that and 2. He has no avatar. The Hitoshi on the old forum had the pic of the Nintendo head (Miyamoto i think is his name >.<) . An FFTOM3 demo is cool tho. Has anyone tried it? Im a little suspicous about putting it on my calc.

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
Hitoshi

Post by Hitoshi »

yea, imma settle in and stay home like a good boy like I used to be hahaha. I've seen dark side of my life and I dun like it :x I guess imma shoe in again and if y'all could like put me back it'd be nice man.

holy crap, gray freakin scale!? how am I going to compete with that? you guys do tiles and crap I dun think I can keep up... dang I got alot to learn, or relearn... ya I saw the screenshots of scroll rpg and I was like damn how in a hell?! that's alot of memory to store in matrices for how da fuck? lol. hopefully my old method of programming will bring back that feel for limitation of the calculator. ya i'm old fashioned and still have that 100k rom limit in back of my head everytime I program. 'cause of that I strive to make my programs more efficient and less costly on space.

Yea, this time the game WILL with in one calc. The only problem is though is the movie... the picture file is outrages now, right now I have 322, yes 322 pictures to display in my movie so I dun know how that'll be... but the game no doubt it'll fit in one space. I'll figure something out.

So i've been out of the programming thing so throw me a bone here, lol. give me some heads up to what lib file and other api's are out there. i'll could use all the help I need. plus if y'all have any questions about my programming method, just ask okay? ya i fried more brain cell I can count... don't ask it's not kewl I was stupid! ask away, make me think, turn my thinking engine on hahahaha :P
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

it seems real, the only thing we need to do is to test the demo, which has never been avaliable for download before ;)
Throwaway Identity

Post by Throwaway Identity »

I'm sorry to sound cynical, but this could be fake... after all, wouldn't this be news announcement worthy? Also, how come your plan file hasn't been updated? Additionally, some one said you sound like 'Drak Dragon'. After reading this post, I'm slightly inclined to agree... However, I haven't compared any of his posts to this one yet, will when I have more time. Furthermore, the website starts with a 't' and then 'kiozumi', but that's a minor detail. The large detail there is that it has no other files currently! Not even an index! So far, the biggest piece of evidence you have to your case is the game. I haven't tested it out yet, so...

. . . If I am completely wrong, I apologize. I just think it's funny that he took NO notice of koolmansams argument....
Sypher Games: TBA :(
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

xLIB
http://s7.invisionfree.com/Omnimaga/ind ... wtopic=284
Omnicalc 1.25
http://s7.invisionfree.com/Omnimaga/ind ... wtopic=272
BASIC Graycale programming package with tutorials and sprites
http://s7.invisionfree.com/Omnimaga/ind ... wtopic=278

there's also a new xLIB version in Flash APP format, which will combine Omnicalc sprite function and instant map loading from matrices and will be faster, but it's in beta stage and it's not avaliable yet *cough*I have it on my calc*cough*

ouch 322 pictures, what do you use to display them? The only thing I'm thinking about is Zpic but it only display 255 pics :o

*still hope it's not a belated april fools joke, hopefully this is real, I never seen any download for FFTOM3 before*
Hitoshi

Post by Hitoshi »

LMAO what are you saying? why would I fake Hitoshi, what will I gain from that? ya my email does start with the T but that's my middle. Hkoizumi was under my dad's account in comcast and my mom had to cancel that account unfortunately. damn dudes at comcast didn't allow me use hkoizumi cause it was still valid till 3 month after. so I went with Tkoizumi. and about the plan, I tried to log in to Hitoshi but I can't get the pass right. There's 2 main password I use for internet such as this and none worked so I assumed you guys deleted me from your webby or had me suspended. c'mon it's silly how I try to explain myself here. I dun feel welcomed lol...

scann it with virus scan if you must it's just a TI file. gawd this is hilarious
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

Throwaway Identity wrote:Additionally, some one said you sound like 'Drak Dragon'. After reading this post, I'm slightly inclined to agree... .
Hmm so you hang out in #tcpa huh? :-) . That was leofox btw.

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
Hitoshi

Post by Hitoshi »

oh yeah 322 picture thing, ya I used that 255 pic and also zsprite. some pic file has more than 1, think of it as sprites in a picture so I was counting that too. haha sorry for misunderstanding. i'm so excited to see my stuff again, it brings back alot of memories. kk ima go sleep i hafta work tonight, 12 hr shift ouch!!!
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Well actually some people think it's fake because there have been several attempts at fake old programmers come back before (like the april fools joke with Zelda at Void Productions) and because of that people have difficulty beleiving you are THE hitoshi :( , but I still think you are THE hitoshi because right now I would not have Flash Debugger running with FFTOM3 on it ;) , and the game rocks so far! :)

btw: maybe you could update your plan file ;)
Last edited by DJ_O on Sun 22 May, 2005 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hitoshi

Post by Hitoshi »

one more thing! LMAO ya'll tried Ventrillo? my ex girlfriend and I used to use that, we talked for hours with it. maybe we can schedual a time so we can actually talk to eachother! what ya'll think? c'mon ya'll are dying to hear my Japanese accent lol
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

koolmansam375 wrote:
Throwaway Identity wrote:Additionally, some one said you sound like 'Drak Dragon'. After reading this post, I'm slightly inclined to agree... .
Hmm so you hang out in #tcpa huh? :-) . That was leofox btw.
Yup, it was the wtfbbq that made me think that. Drak sometimes says stuff like that.