Empires [ASM, 83+ and Compatables]

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Technoman

Empires [ASM, 83+ and Compatables]

Post by Technoman »

Empires is going to be like age of empires for the calculator. It currently supports file detection, a kicking menu, and that's about it. All sprites and equates are done as well as plans for memory. Now all I have to do is write the code and get everything up and running...

Expected Release date: God only knows.

Picture Here

Seriously, I plan to have a demo out as soon as the engine code gets somewhat done.

Edit: This is a massive project which I started. I got a group together but it has, since then, fallen apart. If anyone wants to help me out in the slightest. Email me. You can check out the group site at Yahoo!
Last edited by Technoman on Sat 14 May, 2005 2:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
What?! All the good signatures are gone?! Damn it.

Projects:
Empires: 40%
Currently Underdevelopment: On hold till weekend or summer break!

Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

:shock: sweet! awesome! I love AoE. Is it gonna be real time or turn based? Is there gonna be multiplayer? :excited: :insane: :crazy:
bananas... o.o
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

I think 90% of the people here like AoE. Now I see why you needed such large maps.

can't wait for screenies. :D
Technoman

Post by Technoman »

I'm so glad so many people are looking forward to my game. It gives me reason to work harder!

First, it will be real time.

Second, Multiplayer was discussed but the first version will deffinetly be single player. Simply cause working with the link is not my strength and having to learn that would further delay the initial release.

Finally, screenshots are far from here. I don't even have a half decent map drawing code yet which is why I requested help. If it becomes necessary, I'll post the necessary files on my tripod site so people can go and download them. However, be warned, I like to make lots of self contained programs. So the menu is one file, the engine is one file, the autodetect is one file. All of which will have to be put together which shouldn't be to hard.

Projects:

Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

sounds sweet keep up the hard work and keep us posted! :D
The Revolution is here...
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Excellent, i had a feeling that you were making a game like this. It will be revolutionary on calc :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Toaster
Extreme Poster

Post by Toaster »

I had a turn based age of empires done it was almost compleat. I just had to do AI you could gather stuff and build new units and there where farms, towers, castles and even upgrades that improved your people!! :) To bad I lost it. :P I hate calc resets. :x
Join me at:
http://nanotech.pcriot.com
or
http://emancipal.co.nr

Coming soon..
Rewrite 3D Level Editor - 55% done!!
Emancipal - The Creator 5% done
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

Good luck... suggestion... make sure there is a unit cap...

and arrange your variables and tables correctly... Don't wanna overwrite good ram with excess units or anything!
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Technoman

Post by Technoman »

The unit cap is currently projected to be around 25 units per player, 25 buildings per player and 10 farms per player. Also 100 resource units per map. That way I can just create all resource counts and not worry about it.

4 bytes of data per unit, building (excluding farms)
5 bytes of data per resource and farm
Last edited by Technoman on Tue 10 May, 2005 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Projects:

Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

hmmm... have enough saferam? or are you using smc... so you can save games... :)
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Technoman

Post by Technoman »

Saferam isn't really an issue. All game files are saved in the same format, i.e. map file, save file, game data files will all just be a listing of units and then the map. That way, autodetect will only have to search for one file type. Editing files, saved files, etc will be a breeze. And I can read dirrectly from the program and save the saferam for all sorts of other stuff.

I use app backup screen mainly for program variables and if it comes down to it, I'll use the text shadow for anything else I need. The only problem I can forsee is exceeding the 8k limit on asm programs. The engine isn't done yet though but with all files totaled together, as is, I'm only at around 3k so it's not to bad.

Projects:

Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

erm... saferam1.... 768 bytes one unit.... lets say five bytes.... thats.... 154 units... then units would get put into program data, or other data... don't want that, no?
Technoman

Post by Technoman »

I was just planning to keep track of all units, buildings, and resources in the file and not even worry about loading them into saferam. Since the data is fixed in size it won't change any so it's practically like creating my own saferam. This would make the file size large but not but so bad I wouldn't think. I might have a codec that will remove empty table entries and restore them on load so the file size isn't but so bad.

Projects:

Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

yeah, I think that leaving them in the file would probably the best idea. It would take care of doubt, and you could set a save flag or something... and save your games...
Technoman

Post by Technoman »

Yep, it would also cut down on engine work. Just have to process one file type. Also, that way, people could open their save files and edit them. Little added bonus.

Projects: