A new interpreted language for Ti 83+ ??

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kuda

A new interpreted language for Ti 83+ ??

Post by kuda »

I'm developping a RPL interpretor for Ti83+, which is really fast,
it use 2bytes variable at fixed adress (no use to searche for hours in the VAT) , and the stack is also very fast...
it include some graphics routine.
First version already works and there is a sample of a PONG with a AI on http://kuda.dyndns.org/leo/fast_rpl/

To test it, send prgmAAAAAAAA and prgmTEST to your calculator, then do

"AAAAAAAA->Str1
Asm(prgmTEST

you'll see , it's nice, it's fast... :D :D

by now, i used the Ti-OS editor to edit RPL-script, but I just made my own text editor (smart-edit that you may find on www.ticalc.org) which will be adapted to this language.

I'd like to know what you think of this idea, and your comments will help me to create the best interpreted language for Ti83+....

Kuda Léo

(tr1p1ea) - link updated.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

The link doesn't work, Léo.
kuda

Post by kuda »

Tôôôôp !
Try this... http://kuda.dyndns.org/leo/fast_rpl/

Léo kuda
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Hey nice work! The demo shows indeed an easy language with faster speed.

How do you code it/compile it?
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

Kuda, if your intent on making a new language for the 83+ why dont you sign on to our MLC project? its already very advanced and the Ti86 and Casio AFX versions are at releaseable Beta's and we're just begining the 83+ version (but we could use more 83+ coders).

anyway, take a look: http://dysfunction.earthforge.com/forum/ (you will need to register to see the appropriate forum)
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

That's the point, Maarten. You don't need to compile it. The programs can be edited right on the calculator.
kuda

Post by kuda »

Hum, to see the code of RPLPONG just edit it with the Ti-OS editor...
the language is inspired of RPN (reversed polish notation), each symbol is interpreted and executed one after each, which make this language faster but a bit hard to read for human people...
So just think that everything is written in the order of execution. for exemple A15+ ->A

"A" put value of A in the stack
"15" (interpreted together) put 15 in the stack
"+" pop 2element of the stack, add them and push the result in the stack
"->A" (interpreted together) pop an element of the stack to store it...

I made a small documentation of all token interpreted by now, but it is in french...
But I have to reorganized all token as i'm changing the editor (Ti-OS use Ti Token, i'll use Ti char, some have the same code but some are different... i'll also create my own token... by now I use "Trace" to "Putsprite" or "r" to read data in the ram at a psecified address....)

But I think you guys are smart enought to understand RPLPONG code without the documentation

So, who tried it ?? who like this idea ??

The other sample you'll find on my web site is used to convert sprites in Token in Str7, so after you can put them in a script code by Rcl Str7...
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

I checked the source, it looked easy enough.

One thing though won't editting with the TI-OS editor be kinda strange? Or will u use TI-OS tokens for their same function in RPL? So ClrDraw does indeed clr the screen?
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
kuda

Post by kuda »

First I intended to use the Ti-OS editor, because I had no clue in how to write an editor...
But I changed my mind for some few reasons :
Ti-OS editor Big font, and one line lost cause of prog name, 7 line 16 row...
My editor has 10 line (small font) and 24 row... I think it's more confortable to see where you are in the script when editing
I want the editor to be user-friendly... by now cleardraw to clear the screen was OK, but their are plenty of function I wanna include that dont have a token which can fit (To refresh screen "Dispgraph" was suitable) as function to read or write derectly at a RAM address (function that should be used only by goods programmers, cause they risk to crash calcultator if misused)...the "(" at the end of "Text(" is useless...

In top of that, this token are not grouped the way I want...

more over, The "text" function in ASM us char OP-code (I could make one which use token but it's slower) so some token would be draw at screen as they slould (in partucularly for lower case letters).

I want the editor to make the difference between real code, and data (sprite, matrix etc...) which is impossible with the Ti-OS ones

I also want to be able when their is a error in script, to jump to that error in the editor (like BASIC in fact) but I never could find how to do that with the Ti-OS editor (Ti wont help me to create an alternativ language......)

is that enough reason ?? I may forget some others...

Léo

Ps : if you wanna test my text editor http://kuda.dyndns.org/leo/smartedit/

Image Image Image
CalcKing

Post by CalcKing »

I was so stunned when I saw the pong game that I lost almost immediately! :lol:
kuda

wx

Post by kuda »

what do you exactly mean ?? I don't understand english perfectly... French POWAAAA

kuda
CalcKing

Post by CalcKing »

Basically, I think this looks like an incredible project. 8)
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

hey

Post by the_unknown_one »

Bonjour, Leo Kuda. Je suis Bram Tant (il est mon véritable nom de famille, mes grands-grands-parents ont été les français), j'habite en belgique et je parle un peu français. J'ai vu ton jeu TI-ny Worms 0.4 en ticalc.org et je le ai joué, c'est très bien! J'aime les jeux Worms et je veux vous demander pour accompliriez le jeu. Je le ai essayé avec un ami, mais nous avons échoué. Je seriez très heureux si vous le accompliriez. Je voulez aider peut-être un peu si ce nécessaire serait. Je m'occupe du même projet que Crimsoncasio, c'est un nouveau langue de programmation pour les calculatrices de TI et Casio, il est pour faire les jeux. Il est environ 10 à 20 fois plus rapide que basic en ce moment, et nous sommes déjà loin dans le développement, il a déjà beaucoup de possibilités. Nous avons déjà une version pour le pc, ti-86 et casio afx, et j'ai démarré avec les 'translation' de la version de ti-86 vers ti-83+. Nous avons besoin plus de programmeurs de ti, donc je vous veux demander si vous voudriez raccorder chez nous pour aider notre projet. Voler un email vers unknown_one_1976@hotmail.com, et si vous voulez encore plus d'informations ou vous chez nous raccordez, vais alors vers http://dysfunction.earthforge.com/forum/et faire un account pour que tu puisse examiner au MLC (notre projet) forum. J'espère ma français n'est pas trop mauvaise ;) J'espère encore entendre parler de vous , de l'email ou sur le forum, et je vous souhaite les bonnes fêtes de fin d'année. Au revoir!
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Please talk English.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well, this certainly looks like an interesting project. Looks like the boys at EPS have some competition :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."