A new interpreted language for Ti 83+ ??

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kuda

v0..66

Post by kuda »

v0.66 is available with :

-An included IDE, a BASIC interface to easily choose program to launch or to edit

-An english documentation, (Token list, Editor how to use the editor, but the programming one is not finished (but online)

-A new Pong sample, but a greater one.... It's called GravityPong, each player move a planet, and must try to launch the "moon" at the opposite of the screen... I didn't found anyone to try to play with me, so I played alone, it's fun, but it might need some gameplay adjustment don't hesitate to modify it !!! First, fight to get the planet at center, then try to launch it throw your adverser defence... but if get it in orbital he can launch it throw yours...

Download at http://kuda.dyndns.org/leo/fast_rpl/

ImageImage

If some can make some animated sprite (I tryed but I didn't manage touse Vti capture) that could be good to show how the game is fast and the trajectory is smooth....

Please be a Beta-tester of RPL-TEST, make some samples, it's easy, I made gravity pong in less than an hour...
+---------------------------+
|__THANK _YOU FOR__|
|__USING FAST RPL___|
|_____________Done |
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Remember all those cries in the community for a new interpreted language with the ease of basic but ASM-ish speeds?

This sounds like an incredible step in the right direction. For anyone interested in TI programming and still in highschool (and thus has lots of free time :)), this sounds like a must-have.

Is there any way to do multi-byte math with this thing? If it is, this could provide a serious platform for math related programs.

Good work! I'll try it out asap.
kuda

muli byte math...

Post by kuda »

What you mean by multi byte math ? floating point or big, really big integer... I'm not intending by now anyway... BUT (because their is a but...) next version of Fast-RPL may be able to inculde libs... I don't fell like making multi byte math routine, but if someone wants he will be able !!!

In Gravity-pong, you may change the gravity strength... I tested some other value, and 250 seems to be better than 200 for the gameplay...
Also, the limit line of player2 should be at 101, not 99 (You may change the last line of the loop :
" T99<If p3Goto" to "T101<If p3Goto"...
|__THANK _YOU FOR__|
|__USING FAST RPL___|
|_____________Done |
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

If you all like this idea, sign up to the dysfunction forums and check out what their doing with something called MLC, it's an attempt to make a global programing language for TI calcs and Casios. They are currently looking for z80 programmers, and it would be nice to see this thing get ported to more TI calcs.
http://dysfunction.earthforge.com/forum
Shaun
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I made a screenshot for you :).

It kind of works slow in Opera, but it works nice in IE *shakes fist*.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

That looks cool, but where's the collision detection for P2?
Shaun
kuda

Documentation

Post by kuda »

Documentation is finished, So I made a little (very little) explanation for the editor, a long page explaining the RPL syntax, and giving few usefull stuff as how to print text, do loops, or draw sprites... A last one giving all token, what they do, the arguments and the output...

Please take a look at this, and try to make some scripts
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, my hollydays are finished soon and I wont be able to code during months.....

Their is no collision detection in gravity pong... (moreover I just tested my Pxl-get function and it's not working!!!...)
The only way to make the planet move is gravity... the closer your black hole is, the more the planet is attracted...
I'm getting good at it, I can now send the planet aiming, and I can prevent it from touching my border when it is sent not too fast....

kuda
|__THANK _YOU FOR__|
|__USING FAST RPL___|
|_____________Done |
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Looks neat 8) if you guys claim that it's this fast on a TI-83+... I wonder how fast it will be on the S.E. and 84 calcs :)
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
kuda

Post by kuda »

Hum, in fact it wont be faster for the moment, by default, speed is set to 6Mhz when launching an Asm program, and I didn't increased the speed (I have an 83+SE...)...I may do that in futur versions.... But please please please please beta test it.... make some script... I made a documentation in english...
http://kuda.dyndns.org/leo/fast_rpl/

Tell me if you think I can publish this version, or if I should do so improve before !!!
|__THANK _YOU FOR__|
|__USING FAST RPL___|
|_____________Done |
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

I just made my own program in RPL! It kicks ass, its quite easy :D

It scrolls the inverted text "The is my first program!" from up to down. Unfortunatly, my calculator crashed once the text scrolled out of the screen. I thought it wouldnt matter but it does. So it would be nice if the program would refuse to draw anything out of the screen thus corrupting data.

Also, when editing, there is no indicator of the current text mode. It would be nice to have a small icon or something saying I'm in numerical/alphabetical/capital mode.

It would also be nice to be able to do Backspace. the [clear] and [0] button now both fulfill the Space functionality, so maybe you could put Backspace under the clear button?

I'll continue to try some more stuff.
kuda

Post by kuda »

Okey, i'll do that in futur versions...
Do someone have a FULL list of ROMcall of Ti83 (not +) I like to make a version for it but I cant find some adress as _editprog...

thx

Kuda
|__THANK _YOU FOR__|
|__USING FAST RPL___|
|_____________Done |
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

You could try things like the Ion.inc include file and ASMGURU.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Shaun
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

tr1p1ea wrote:You could try things like the Ion.inc include file and ASMGURU.
:evil:
Comikal

Post by Comikal »

if enough knew how to use this, could they make a guide? I don't know if that'll help, cuz even native English speakers are horrible at English :P
Working on my FastRPL physics sim.
Game in planning stages.