The Legend of the Lithium Battery

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

well, I could understand the typo complaints if there was a flash spell checker...but there isn't and I am used to writing in mostly abbreviations due to the number of notes we have to take in high school.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

tr1p1ea wrote:Let he who has not commited a typo cast another post regarding spelling.

Who really cares, you do not need a degree in literature to post on these boards. Besides English is not everyones native language.

This place is not that strict, and i personally dont care.

You cant honestly say that you didnt know what he was talking about when he mentioned India then wrote "contry"?
I was just being playful! I know that sometime I forget to capitalize, or leave a comma out... Sorry!
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

You do have a point there, but I don't have enough time as it is, so I can't be bothered to try to comprehend stuff that is completely filled with abbreviations and spelling errors. As it is, I'm late for class almost every morning because I read these forums.
ImageImage
Deathsting

Post by Deathsting »

AndySoft wrote:You do have a point there, but I don't have enough time as it is, so I can't be bothered to try to comprehend stuff that is completely filled with abbreviations and spelling errors. As it is, I'm late for class almost every morning because I read these forums.
Dont you just wish that we had Wi fi internet on the TI.
Never be late to a class ever again :D
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Actually, no. The processor in the calculator would just be too weak to handle HTML with reasonable speed (not to mention TCP in general). Add to that the very limited screen space, and it's definitely not worth it (for web browsing).
ImageImage
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Andy, seriously ... I dont think he meant it as a genuine proposal.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

well, maybe the calcs could turn it into all text stuff- like cheap cell phones do.
bananas... o.o
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

tr1p1ea wrote:Andy, seriously ... I dont think he meant it as a genuine proposal.
It probably could be done if we cared enough. :D
ImageImage
Deathsting

Post by Deathsting »

Well actually it was meant as a joke more than an idea
But my friends dad "Claims" he had actually tried modifing a calc. He modified the link cord and connected it to a modified TV remote, so that the ti could send infrared beem across the room. He used the infrared link mod to cheat on physics tests. He distributed a bunch of cables to his friends and they could chat via the infrared cable in the test :o

Using Infrared isnt really Wifi, since infrared only travels short distances but this just proves it can be done.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Actually, there was a project called Telnet83 that --supposedly--did this. It resembled hyper terminal and used a null modem adapter.

Wi Fi would be a nightmare. And the processor wouldn't keep up. Did I mention it would be a nightmare?
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

With telnet you could run IRC, Lynx web browser, or other remote text mode software.
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

There is already an infared link cable schematic available. You can find info about it at ticalc.org.

But yeah wifi is not possible without some serious external hardware.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Toaster wrote:I paid $70 US Dolars for 2 sets of batteries 3 years ago!
We have a shop here called Poundland. They sold (at one point) two rechargable batteries for a quid. I now have a load of AAA/AA batteries and they're likewise going strong :D
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

benryves wrote:
Toaster wrote:I paid $70 US Dolars for 2 sets of batteries 3 years ago!
We have a shop here called Poundland. They sold (at one point) two rechargable batteries for a quid. I now have a load of AAA/AA batteries and they're likewise going strong :D
Heh, the British equivilent of a dollar store, though it sounds as if the stuff they sell doesn't suck. I don't know what could possibly have made his batteries so expensive. $15 or so got me a 30min charger with 4AA's, but it was less than a year ago.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

I use rechargable NiMH batteries and they last months between recharges. I never had a voltage problem, archiving works just fine. Additionally, I do use a lot of games, and I occasionally run a basic program for days at a time to solve some mathematical brain teasers. Rechargables are much better than normal batteries. (expecially alkaline ones)