Symbols

Got a brilliant program idea? Let us know!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

Sorry guys, already done: Yuki Mio's String Maker works nicely.

edit: Why am I apologizing? This is exactly what you wanted! :D Good thing I remembered this program.
The file history wrote:Sat Oct 23 21:05:46 2004
"If SOURCE is outlawed, only outlaws will have SOURCE."
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

Something even easier to use would be an app that uses keyhooks to make it very easy to paste such symbols into a program you're writing.
just try to be nice to people.

Post by Gambit »

That will be a bit difficult to manage, you'll have to do something like Omnicalc (which I don't know). It'll probably involve edit-buffers, etc (remember Omnicalc's Cut/Copy/Paste?). Maybe someone should peek into the Omnicalc source? :?:
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

I was thinking of a keyhook where you press a key combination and a screen appears similar to the TI-73's method for entering letters.
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Screenshot..?
I don't own a 73...
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

It looks as though what Yuki did is what I wanted, but an app version would be nice...
Shaun
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

Timendus wrote:Screenshot..?
I don't own a 73...
Basically, you select the letters with arrow keys and enter from a 'keyboard' drawn on the screen. The string you're typing is shown on the bottom of the screen. Once you select 'Done' it's pasted into wherever you went into that menu from.
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hhhmmm... interesting o_o.

I dont have much experience with the 73.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

You can try the FlashDebugger :)
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

Or it could just be something similar to that Screen Maker that you run with something like pressing [stat] twice, and that pastes the symbols into the screen you were in and not into a string.

CharMap

Post by Gambit »

Because I don't have a webpage, I have uploaded CharMap to ticalc.org, and it should be up "soon." Here is a description:
The description wrote:This application allows easy access to TI's "hidden" characters, such as accented and Greek characters. Using a hook, these characters are accessable through the Catalog and can be pasted anywhere in the TI-OS. The only applications that this conflicts with is TI's localization apps, so you should not use this with them concurrently. Thus, it should work flawlessly with Omnicalc/Symbolic/MirageOS. Note that this is a pre-release version to show my work over the past day :), so send any ideas/bug reports/etc to me.
It is poorly implemented, in my opinion, but I had to release it somehow so I could get ideas. So check it out, and tell me what you think :)

Hypothetically, it could be processed sooner if someone kindly asked Michael_V...
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

Still not posted :x Oh well, tomorrow... I've already found a compatibility bug with Omnicalc: the custom menu. As you guys may already know, you have to go to the catalog to put something in the menu, but, seeing that the catalog is out-of-whack, it'll enter "random" tokens in the menu. Omnicalc checks if (localLanguage) is LANG_ENGLISH and thus I can change it to LANG_NEUTRAL, but that still leaves the problem of which LANG to restore it to once uninstalled, w/o conflicting w/ another localization app that a n00b might have installed. :evil:
DarkerLine wrote:Basically, you select the letters with arrow keys and enter from a 'keyboard' drawn on the screen. The string you're typing is shown on the bottom of the screen. Once you select 'Done' it's pasted into wherever you went into that menu from.
That's a good idea... however, it'll take more than a day to code this :lol: Would it be better to make it more "charmap" like, with a grid on the screen? Once I decide what to do, I'll need to ask Michael (or study the Omnicalc source) on how to insert tokens into the screen... :?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Never use the custom menu, the virtual calc, the quick app menu, the restore mem function and the entrie menu in Omnicalc. That's how you'll crash the calculator.
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

Yay! It's posted: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 36658.html

D/l and tell me what you think... oops, I forgot to put in a screenshot :oops:

@Kevin: Huh? What do you mean? :?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I mean the Virtual Calc, the Quick APPs menu, the RestoreMem and the Entrie menu are still unstable. I never crashed my calc with Omnicalc 1.23 and above because I always have all that stuff disabled.

But sometimes I enable them to mess around with them and do some funny stuff with them :twisted: and I am the kind of guy who liked to run a Blue Screen of Death during 5 minutes on my TI-83+SE :twisted:
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)