NetHack/Rogue

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Snake
Location: Currently violently murdering terrorist in a deep jungle somewhere in Tselinoyarsk.

Post by Snake »

lol, you don't read french often don't you?

i'm pratically billingual (i make mistake but... you follow no?)

understanding your will to learn more about my beautifull project 8) i will explain to you:
I use ASCII graphics
Turn by turn is my system for moving (so, the monster move with me)
I'm using string for speed
and i'm pretty confused with a way of making a random map (thath will be ok) with string... maybe do it with matrices and then convertice it in string??
This is Snake, do you read me?
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Don't worry, I understood all that... but man French classes in American publich schools really suck!

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

The french teacher at my school is a loony :?
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I listened to a movie where I heard a english speaking teacher teaching french class and I could not even understand anything :lol: It was sucky
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

Because of course the way to judge American french teachers is by movies :lol: .

If the french teacher at my school knows french at the same level that the russian teacher knows russian, I'd say we're doing pretty well. Of course, the students' french is another matter.

As the german exchange students put it, "Sie sagen 'Je... vais... au... um... uhh... lycee'"
Snake
Location: Currently violently murdering terrorist in a deep jungle somewhere in Tselinoyarsk.

Post by Snake »

lol too much for me!

At my school, the english course is so easy!!! i dont understant why 90% of the other guys get marks that are pretty bad! i always get 100% without doing nothing! :D

by the way, my english teacher make me laugh, he didn't understant what i was saying (he don't know whats is a tombstone!)

:lol:
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Holy crap! I cannot write an essay. English = horrible subject. Give me PreCal please! I got over 100% on the last two tests there. I mean, I like reading books and watching movies and stuff...It's just essays are evil.

The French teacher at my school knows French all right....She just never knows what's going on...or where she is...or...anyways, she's what we call 'eccentric'. :)
bananas... o.o
Snake

Post by Snake »

hehe, make me think of my last teacher... she got pregnant so we have another one now... she was very crazy, incompetent and she was always laughing at herself... so everyone does! lol, when you talk about eccentric it remind me of her as well.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

nonono, she isn't incompetent....She knows French and stuff, she's just a bit wierd.
bananas... o.o
Snake

Post by Snake »

soooo i didnt given any new for quite some times :P

i was working hard with school and my TI-83+

my game is like.. finish, i don't know if i will release it :roll:
i need to do some optimisation first...

anyway i dont have any time for internet left :p

Bye gang!
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

It's done? Can we see screenshots?! Optimizations are nice.. and please do release it eventually :o
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Snake

Post by Snake »

some shit happen sometimes...

as i forgot to save my program on my computer, the only thing left of it is a basic version with no AI and anything...

so i need you to help me :p the AI in the completed version was very poor :p

Oh, and by the way i'm not going to release it if it's not finished as i want it :p cause if I'M not playing it, who will :s

i dont need something strong...

i want to put 2 ennemy by map

the only thing i have to code is a detection routine
i'm working with the home screen for the graphism (nethack style :P)
someone know how to make it?

like if i'm enough close to an ennemy, he will advance toward me, and attack

the way i will initialize the ennemy IA is basicaly simple :
the stat for the ennemy is stored into list (Lm1, Lm2 (two monster)) like their position on the map at the start (4,3 for example) and things like that...

i also need your help on something that's been bothering me since the begining, my algorythm for items random generation :p

in the "finished" version there was a list of items that was dropped at precise level... and it was always the same, so the replayability was not there :p

if i got other problems i will ask you :p

P.S. by the way i forgot the "random dungeon generation thing" as i said earlier, i'm not the king of algorythm, and doing it with a difficulty level var (adjusting it at each level) was not in my rope :p

thanks for your kind help!
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Could you give us a sample of code to see how to develop a enigine around yours? I could help out if I saw some code or the program itself. Sorry to hear and NICE AVATAR!
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Snake wrote:english [...] is so easy!!!
Not to be a bitch or anything, but by your grammar and the structure of your sentences it is quite obvious that you are French, at least it is to me, and English isn't even my native language. Your vocabulary seems to be quite large though :)
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
Snake

Post by Snake »

yeah you got me :p
english is not my native language, but if I had the choice I would have chose english...

I'm french, and I think i'm pretty good in English, even if I'm not perfect ^^

Yeah maybe I got some vocabulary :p but dont blame me, i know i make some mystakes but I never re-read my text before posting it :p (as i do with my english exam)

I learned my English playing Metal Gear Solid for PSX (before that i was very bad :P)

it became my favorite game and also my favorite hobby :p

anyway... i will post some code tomorrow cause it's all on my calculator and it is at school so you'll have to wait :p thanks for the rapid respond though! ;)
Could you give us a sample of code to see how to develop a enigine around yours? I could help out if I saw some code or the program itself. Sorry to hear and NICE AVATAR!
yeah thanks :) i made it myself (the avatar) ^^