Game ideas of mine

Got a brilliant program idea? Let us know!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Game ideas of mine

Post by VahnRPG »

Lately I've had a LOT of ideas for games that I've wanted to make. Mostly because I don't really wanna Blue World - Quest right now

Let's see...
1) A fighting style game done to Rock, Paper, Scissors. Basically, you choose a fighter and then you choose one of those 3. A little bar thingy shows up and you have to get it in a certain range that'll determine your power. The closer to the target you get the stronger the attack, of course. The opponent chooses and then it does regular rock paper scissors check. If you pick the 'winning' one, your attack will do more damage and take less, and if you pick the 'losing' one then you take more damage and take more. If your bar is in the target then you probably do a special attack or something. I dunno, I got it all figured out in my head, just kinda hard to put into words. I think I stole it from the yahoo! messenger game, actually XD

2) A different fighting game where you use the characters from my comic, Blue World...basically a regular fighting game just with my own characters and attacks and whatnot

3) A side scrolling Blue World game kinda like Cave Story, I suppose, but I have NO clue what kinda story to give it. And it'd have to be canon with the comic so I can't just make stuff up :P

4) A kind of pet raising game set in the Quest for Mircurius series (about 400 years before Blue World). Basically, you go out and find a pet called a Pachuk. Basically a little ball of slime that reacts based on your actions through the game. If you make weak choices you could get a weak, timid Pachuk, while smartass choices get you a disobedient Pachuk that might run away from you. The problem with this one is it's TOO tomogachi/pokemon and I couldn't come up with a decent story as well as quests and whatnot that'd work with it without forcing the user to do specific actions at specific times. Plus if you lose your Pachuk you basically would have to start a new game if you've already done all these quests and alot of people would just give up, even if it was a really good game.

Just these ideas for calc games I'd like to program before Blue World - Quest is done but the problem is they're a lot more involved than I'd like to be. I don't want to get bogged down in making those that I forget about BW-Q altogether. And I won't make them afterwards because the only reason I'm back to calc programming is to make Blue World - Quest and 'set the records straight' with the story vs the comic.
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

'Boku' can't save the world - Blaze Rennaul
--'Boku' doesn't have to... - Klyne Ryuuno
Blue World - Coming soon
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Can you do a real time fighting game like KoF2k? If you can do that, then there is a game I've been thinking about making but never got around to doing because Dr. Snipe had to be finished and then I decided I wanted to learn z80: "23 New Finds of Cheeses" It's a ninja fitghting game where there are 23 characters. I haven't thought up the storyline for it yet, but I am sure I can come up with something retarded pretty easily. I am very good at making stupid storylines! :D If you could do this for a calculator, that would be aweseome. Btw, 2 PLAYERAGE!!! The main thing that bugged me about KoF2k was that there was only single player! Multiplayer is a neccessity for any fighting game.
bananas... o.o
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

actually, #2 would be the real time one
the problem with real time + fight game + link up is 1) i don't have 2 calcs that I could test on at the same time and Virtual TI doesn't work because even now I'm finding things that work on the emu but not on the actual calc for various reasons. 2) I've never done linking before, so I wouldn't know how fast/slow it'd be to transfer the necessary vars between each calc. One person might activate a special attack while the other player was doing something else and it could result in a timing imbalance that might mess up the game.
For a fighting game with linking that would probably be easier, it'd be that rock paper scissors one
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

Blue World - Coming soon
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Or you could just make it with those annoying 'two players on one calc' controls. I'd take that even as long as there can be a two player fighting game.
bananas... o.o
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

well, tough. I never even said I'd be doing any of these games, just that they're ideas of mine.

Blue World - Coming soon
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

@_@ I crave multiplayerage!!! That's really what the ti world needs! More multiplayer games. And all those falldown type games turned multiplayer by Nick Monu don't count! I mean games that are meant to be multiplayer. So whatever you make, MAKE MULTIPLAYER! Even Dr. Snipe has multiplayer...\/
bananas... o.o
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

I've been thinking up this game where you basically create a weapon. That's the entire point of the game. First you have to get the pieces of the weapon then construct the base design of the weapon. After you do that, you've got your weapon. Wow, great idea, eh?
Well, it's not nearly that simple. You may have a weapon, but it wouldn't necessarily be THAT powerful. So, to power it up, you acquire these gems that fit into slots on the weapon. Depending on what kind of gem you put into the weapon and where you put would affect the weapon's power. Example, you had a sword that has 3 base pieces: the grip, the guard, and the blade. The sword you make only has 2 slots and you have 3 gems to use. One increases power but decreases defense, another increases defense but decreases power, and a third that increases both attack and defense but not as much as the first two. There'd be more variety, of course, but let's just use that for the example. Now, the materials you use to make the blade have a different amount of slots BUT, here's the thing, the slots have different shapes. You may have 2 of the same gem, but they look different, so the choice is obvious than if you had 2 different gems of the same shape. It would be a great customizable game
In fact, I think it'd make an awesome multiplayer game, but how I'd do the battles I dunno

Actually, I'm sure I could make it so that it wasn't JUST a weapon, but your entire equipment. You choose a class, chose a gender, then go all RPG-ish on it :D

Blue World - Coming soon