Res

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

ok as of now i got permission to use the sprites from bradys game in mine :P . well i have continued working on this and will post a new ss later.

if anyone has a good name for this project i would appreciate it and add credit if you want, btw its like said above a action/puzzle game....like desolate :P
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Well, it's easier to name a game when you know what it's about; Desolate is called that because the ship is totally deserted, except for the aliens of course.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

well as of now its about, kinda like resident evil :twisted: , well you know the city was infected and you have to get out..etc. and thats as of now
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

well its been a while and i havent updated my game i was working on, idk name yet :oops: .But this is a recent ss, tell me what you think ie if i should go for it or w/e.

btw the sprites have been aproved by brady mayes aka digitan
also of course it runs better on calc :wink:
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Hey! That looks really good! One thing though, is this gonna be another of those games with 523 different subroutine programs that takes a day and a half to uninstall? :) Please try to keep the number of those as low as possible. Also, remember that each program, even archived programs, takes up, what is it...12 bytes of ram? It looks cool though. There can always be more adventure/puzzle games! :D There are never enough of those.
bananas... o.o
CalcKing

Post by CalcKing »

Programs have different sized VAT entries depending on the length of their names. An empty program with only one letter in its name takes 10 bytes, while the same program named with 8 letters would be 17 bytes. (8-1=7=17-10)

Oh, and that's an... interesting.. Location there, Spengo... *changes location to reflect Bot Attack theme* :P
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Spengo wrote:Hey! That looks really good! One thing though, is this gonna be another of those games with 523 different subroutine programs that takes a day and a half to uninstall? :) Please try to keep the number of those as low as possible. Also, remember that each program, even archived programs, takes up, what is it...12 bytes of ram? It looks cool though. There can always be more adventure/puzzle games! :D There are never enough of those.
Is it possible to use DelVar to delete program variables from TI-BASIC? If so, the programmer could write a nifty uninstaller.
Knowing how limiting some of the core TI-BASIC commands are, DelVar probably complains. What TI-BASIC *really* needs is a "try-catch" or "die" type error handler. It's great allowing people to archive/unarchive vars with BASIC code. However, IIRC, asking to archive an already archived program or unarchive a program in RAM causes an error and there isn't a command to determine the status of a particular program.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Hey, this reminds me a lot of Desolate (key codes and stuff)... somehow a mix between box 'n' bombs and desolate to be more precise...

anyway, looking good. The style of DigiTan's sprites is really nice.

Can you say what the story plot is?

Edit: d'oh, scrap the first part, I should read the whole topic next time :roll:
MooK

Post by MooK »

I am guessing you used some asm tools for that game, right?
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I know he's using Omnicalc...maybe Xlib too.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

He started making a diortemish game but he finally decided to make a desolate game. He uses Omni and xLIB. Pretty cool so far!

EDIT: Now that I look at the screenshot carefully I think it's more like Reuben Quest 2, because you can push blocks, just without grayscale :D

EDIT 2: 500 POSTS!!!! I AM THE GOD! THE MASTER OF UNIVERSE!!!!!!!! but what is the URL to the overkill smiley?
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

wow, im glad you all like it, but kevin I never got to play your games except like your demos of diortem. I guess you can say its like desolate, :shock: but i would like it smillar to resident evil story and puzzels like it also. well i dont have a real story and the sprites arent like res. so i cant call it that so any ideas?
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

will it have any enemies or will it just have puzzles...if it has enemies, what kind?
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Wow, that is awesome! I really like how the doors are unlocked :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

wow that means alot coming from you tr1p....lots lol, anyway i plan on having some, but idk which kind of sprites...its will be zombies or androids.

i was thinking of a name and i was thinking project 86( like the band :D ) but it can be anything right now.

any ideas or questiong will be appreciated :P