Help on new TI-BASIC Editor for Windows

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Exfyre

Help on new TI-BASIC Editor for Windows

Post by Exfyre »

I'm trying to make a decent TI-BASIC Editor for Windows, but I don't know what encoding is used for the TI OS for BASIC. If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. thx.

P.S. TI Education released a bugged-up version of a TI-BASIC Editor with my CD I received a couple years ago. No, this is not the Editor that came with TI-Graphlink. It came with TI-Connect 1.5. They used to have it on their site avaliable for download, but they got rid of it due to so many bugs. If anyone has any information on any new realeases TI may be having, I would really like to know. Thx again.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

A bunch of people have that. Not to spam, but have you seen http://sc.cemetech.net (SourceCoder 2)?
Image Image Image
Demon

Post by Demon »

Too bad there's not a cross-platform offline version. :(
"Python has dynamic typing, and dynamic binding, which means that not only does it make a great secretary, it is also pretty damn kinky." --Henry the Adequate

<My Artwork>
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Demon wrote:Too bad there's not a cross-platform offline version. :(
People have nagged me about it, but the reasons I made it all revolve around its online-ness. If someone would be willing to make a port, perhaps including some of the web-based features, I'd be happy to give them a hand.

Regarding the encoding: there's basically a translation table to and from the TI-OS token encoding scheme; tokens are stored as either one- or two-byte series in memory, where special bytes signal the start of two-byte tokens. There's some good info on it here:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 24750.html
Image Image Image
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Demon

Post by Demon »

TI-Coder wasn't any good. It kept skipping out on putting together some tokens like DelVar.
"Python has dynamic typing, and dynamic binding, which means that not only does it make a great secretary, it is also pretty damn kinky." --Henry the Adequate

<My Artwork>