Doors CS 6.1

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

kerm_martian wrote:Thanks for the feedback, leofox. I don't know that 32k really counts as "whopping" compared with 16k though. ;)
Compared to CrunchyOS that takes even less, seeing how you can build it with games?

Is it possible to make a 'light' version of Cemetech, without the libraries? I see how they can be handy for people with 2MB of memory, but on the 83+ with only 160K i'd rather have functions like using spare space for a game and compression (CrunchyOS) that save space.

I heard someone say that I don't have to use the mouse? I'd like some help on that, I browsed most of the menu's but I havent found an option to change the GUI. Is it also possible to hide basic programs for example? I have so much basic crap on there, it only makes it harder to browse since i'm not going to run them from a shell anyway.
tifreak8x
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by tifreak8x »

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/archiv ... funcse.zip

That SE will allow up to tab through icons, etc...
http://tifreakware.net - Connecting TI communities
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Here's another program I made to demonstrate the power of Doors CS 6's libraries:

The latest release of mobileTunes takes advantage of Ben Ryves' QuadPlay routines combined with the GUI power of Doors CS 6 for a superior media experience. Play up to 4-channel MOD music and audio on your calculator through the I/O port while taking advantage of Doors CS's ability to open songs in the associated player simply by clicking on the song. Four sample songs are included plus documentation on how to make your own.

In addition, I have a very beta online tool that attempts to convert MIDI files to mobileTunes 3 songs. It's flaky at best, so be patient with it.

Download
Image mobileTunes 3.0

Convert Songs
Image MIDI to mt3 converter

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

:shock: Completely sweet, kerm! *shuffles around for a while trying to find a WAV to MIDI converter*

BTW, why is it exactly 4 channels?
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Unlike previous players like CalcMOD, which could only handle either one mono channel or at most two channels to make stereo, mobileTunes (like QuadPlay) can handle two simultaneous channel per ear, for a total of four channels. Any more than four is beyond the 6MHz of the CPU.
Image Image Image
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

Then could you make a version of mt3 for Silver Editions that has more than 4 channels? After all, both the 83+SE and the 84+SE have 15 Mhz processors.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

How exactly are you supposed to listen to the music? Is there a special adapter for headphones through the usb/connector?
(because my TI84+ doesn't have a headphone jack or speakers).
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

Yes there is an adapter that let's you hook you headphones into the adapter and then hook your adapter in the I/O port. I have heard that it is very cheap and available at Radioshack or something of that sort.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

$5 for such an adapter isn't cheap in my opinion, but I have one anyways. Alternatively, if you have a cellphone earpiece, it's likely a 2.5mm one and will work for your calc as well.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

DarkAuron wrote:$5 for such an adapter isn't cheap in my opinion, but I have one anyways. Alternatively, if you have a cellphone earpiece, it's likely a 2.5mm one and will work for your calc as well.
$5? I bought mine for only $2, I don't know where you got that price from. :?
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

Hmm... what is the exact name for the adapter I would need, I may pick one up later today.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Delnar_Ersike wrote:$5? I bought mine for only $2, I don't know where you got that price from. :?
I got it from Radioshack a year or two ago.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Super Speler wrote:Hmm... what is the exact name for the adapter I would need, I may pick one up later today.
2.5mm adapter?
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo adapter. They're about $3-4 at Radioshack.
Image Image Image
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I built a speaker for mine all together that cost me about 2-3 bucks...then I found out my head phones for the cell phone work just fine.

This is great kerm, I think it adds something fresh to the shell.
The Revolution is here...