Demon's Projects

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Demon

Demon's Projects

Post by Demon »

There are screenshots for a lot of these, but the board won't let me post them :?

-- Adaelus BASIC IDE --
Description: This will be a replacement for TI-OS program editor with many features not found in the TI-OS editor, such as find and replace, etc.

-- PyroEdit 3.0 Sprite and Tilemap Editor --
Description: This new version of PyroEdit will have a totally graphical GUI, and will have even fewer subroutines (~5). Also, some of the plug-ins which I have made for it so far will be integrated into the base, including the PyroMap Tilemapper. If PyroEdit should crash for some reason (buggy plug-ins, etc.), then instead of hard-crashing back to the shell, the error will be caught and you will be able to save your work and restart or exit safely back to the shell.

-- PyroEdit 2.2 Sprite Editor --
Current Version: 2.2
Description: PyroEdit, the successor to Pyro's Sprite Editor, is a graphics editor that utilizes Patrick Prendergast's xLIB app to let you edit Pics and sprite sheets on your calculator. PyroEdit gives you many more features than the tools in TI-OS's DRAW menu. On top of that, if you design graphical games on your calc, PyroEdit will help you get through the spriting process much faster. PyroEdit's core is minimal for those who don't need, want, or have room for lots of extra bells and whistles. However, if you do want some extra features, then you install plug-ins.

-- [PyroEdit 2.2 Plug-In] ZoomEdit --
Current Version: 1.0
Description: ZoomEdit reimplements that nice little zoom feature that Pyro's Sprite Editor had. It also lets you transpose and invert, too.

-- ShipShooter --
Description: ShipShooter is a simple xLIB mini-game I made where you try to shoot as many ships as you can within 500 cycles. The more ships you shoot, the faster they go, making it harder to keep up. You'll need the xLIB application to play it. In one upload, I forgot to include the spritesheet - fixed that. Also made a grouped version for those who are (unfortunantly) using TI-Connect.

-- Pyro's Compactor --
Description: Pyro's Compactor is a matrix, list, and now also a string compressor that will compact+compress a matrix or list with non-decimal numbers randing from zero to 234 and compress strings.

-- String Array Subroutine --
Current Version: 2.0, BASIC
Description: Emulates an array, letting you implement arrays into your programs. This subroutine allows you to split and retrieve the first value of a delimited string, create an indexed array from a delimited string, get an element from an array, find the element in an array containing a value, add/delete elements from the array, and, expirimentally, replace a value in an element of the array.

-- GraphCache Routine --
Current Version: 2.0
Description: Pushes and pops graphscreen saves. Very useful for layering things like menus and dialogs dynamically on the screen without having to redraw everything once the user closes one. You'll need xLIB (included) to use these.
Last edited by Demon on Mon 11 Jun, 2007 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Python has dynamic typing, and dynamic binding, which means that not only does it make a great secretary, it is also pretty damn kinky." --Henry the Adequate

<My Artwork>
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

A lot of projects on the go. :) Good luck with them!
Were you trying to post Windows bitmap files (.bmp)? Try converting to GIF, JPEG or PNG. PNG is probably the safest if all you have is Paint, as the others will damage the screenshots.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

wow

keep it up, I'd love to see all those projects finished! :) (those that aren't allready that is)

edit: you can not post BMP's and maybe the spam-killer kills your img tags because they contain urls, so post more and convert to png :D
Last edited by King Harold on Fri 09 Feb, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

nice Demon I like the IDE project idea
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Looks very nice, the IDE sounds interesting. I think there is a spam filter that will not allow a new user to post images until a certain number of posts.
tifreak8x
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by tifreak8x »

Looks like you have some interesting projects going, good luck!

I think I will leave my list of projects off of here, might make you jealous :P j/k
http://tifreakware.net - Connecting TI communities
Demon

Post by Demon »

-- Moshpit (ASM) --
Description: "...A fighting/sumo game where you get to battle against different creatures and have many attacks to choose from. ... The idea would be to defeat the combatant while staying within the bounds of the screen.

-- Nakamuru III --
Description: A "forever-freaky AI bot...[that used to be] on IRC, now on your calc. Like my last one (which killed itself), this one learns on its own as you talk to it." Hopefully this one won't "kill itself" like every one I have made so far has managed to somehow do -- freaky -- but at least now, I'll have backups. :P
A short conversation (older version):
Scott>> Hello again.
Nakamuru>> Hi.
S>> How are you?
N>> I am fine.
S >> Do you want to be released as beta yet?
N>> What's it to you?
S>> Because people want to talk to you.
N>> Oh.
S>> So do you want to go out into the world?
N>> I'm not sure.
S>> Are you nervous?
N>> No.
S>> Or are you just lazy?
N>> No.
S>> Well, do you?
N>> Yes.
S>> That's good.
N>> Thank you.
-- Dependency Checker --
Description: This subroutine lets your programs make sure subroutines it needs to run are installed on a user's calculator.

-- GUI Subroutine --
Description: An API for drawing/getting user input from windows, menus, text input boxes, and number input.

-- aMAZE --
Description: A Pacman-like game. Collect the food and powerups, avoid the maze guardian and other traps. More ideas will be added soon.

--

The download locations:
TIcalc.org: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/au ... /9768.html
My Website: pyrosysx.mine.nu/TIStuff/
Omnimaga: omnimaga.org/index.php?showtopic=681&st=75
UnitedTI: Check the Downloads section.

--

Moshpit
I finally got the AI going. Using the API to flip now, but I still need to figure out some things before I try adding it.

PyroEdit III
Still working on the tilemapper, and still trying to optimize this 13-kilobyte beast. Plug-in system has yet to be remade.
Added:
GUI: You can now use the number keys to jump to and double-click on a menu item so you don't have to scroll so much. Hitting a number once will jump to that item number; hitting the same number again will select it.
Crash Handler: Now tells you exactly what kind of error occured rather than just a number. Also allows you to toggle the Crash Handler.
Preferences: Toggling the Crash Handler will restart PyroEdit when you exit preferences. Will make this so it will ask permission first.
PyroPS (powersave): Dosen't kill any other vars than C/Y so that PyroEdit dosen't act weird when you're in menus, etc.
Last edited by Demon on Mon 11 Jun, 2007 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Python has dynamic typing, and dynamic binding, which means that not only does it make a great secretary, it is also pretty damn kinky." --Henry the Adequate

<My Artwork>
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

Looks fantastical, fixed the whole triple post deal
ImageImage
Demon

Post by Demon »

Moshpit
Screenshots:
(The BASIC version):
(The ASM version):

<My Artwork>
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

Seizure enducing pictures there man :P
ImageImage
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

That's insane :o
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

that's way awesome dude to see the improvement from basic to asm. I think the basic version pwns though cause its faster :) j/k
Demon

Post by Demon »

PyroEdit III
- Added Pen Tool
- Added Preview-before-opening
- More size optimizations

Still pending:
- Rotation by x degrees (can I get an ASM routine - most preferred for live rotation - for this or can someone teach me how to do it in BASIC?)
- Tilemapper
- The polygon tool (making it smaller)
- Plug-ins, and deciding whether I should implement them or not.

PyroEdit Online Sprite and Tilemap Editor
>> PyroEdit is now being unleashed to the Internet! PyroEdit Online will be able to do what PyroEdit III can do and more when it is finished, and can be accessed from anywhere.

<My Artwork>
Demon

Post by Demon »

DragonShell
It's getting better, even though it's a bit slower now due to the masking, and could probably use some optimizing if there's any to be done. The executor is almost done (it can run modules out of a libarary), but I still need to add DragonMod's module scanner to the API.

I forget who's avatar I'm using for the background... :P

Earlier:
Note: Any missed projects are here now:
www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/97/9768.html

Latest:
DragonShell
A BASIC shell -- yes, I said it, and I'll say it again -- BASIC shell. What sets this off from the million of BASIC shells at Ticalc.org is that this one will run its own format of program. DragonShell programs can be designed so you can contain multiple programs in one library, saving loads of space. It will also have some kind of interface to a library of neat subroutines -- GUI controls especially -- that you can use, including skinable windows, buttons, etc:

ImageImage
(Masking will be done later and if it won't hurt speed too much.)

Here are two more screenshots that demonstrate the multiple programs [modules] in a library (these are from DragonMod before I stepped it up, but you get the idea):
ImageImage

<My Artwork>
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

The avatar is from a staff member of UTI...I think can't remember who.

edit: Brazucs uses that as his avatar.
The Revolution is here...