Travian

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

First 3 days you can't be attacked.

Don't bother building more than 1 (maybe 2 if you're being farmed and can't keep your resources low enough) cranny. You can build some soldiers soon enough meaning the losses to the enemy outweigh any gains through your resources, especially if you keep them low.

Don't bother having less than 30 troops when you start making them. Wait untill you can build 30 and do so in one go in a timeframe you know you get little attacks (training takes a couple of hours). Train some more troops of your choice (<100 total) while you grow to 200 pop (upgrade resources and usefull buildings). Also build a scout or two to keep an eye out for people scouting you.

Once you have like 200+ pop start training more troops of whatever kind is actually usefull for your race while also upgrading your fields. And build a dozen or so scouts to keep out enemy more scouts and to scout nearby villages for resources. At the same time. Aim for training enough troops to keep your hourly crop production at half that of the median of the other resources.
cartj

Post by cartj »

I created the MC alliance if anyone wants to join. Follow hop's advice, it is good.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

When resource fields reach level 10, even them all to level 10 and build the various resource buildings that give you a bonus to resource production. Then put all your resources into training new troops for a while, untill crop production is again half the median of your other resources (probably 3000 each, so get crop at 1500 per hour after upkeep).

I don't know much about attacking other villages. Though pvp is the most interesting aspec to this game for me, I just don't see any benefits from atacking anyone:
You simply get gangraped by huge-ass allies
or
The resources for an offensive army are better spend on growing.

Maybe further down the road when armies start to get huge (thousands of units) and equally sized enemies have attractive resource pools.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

just registered an account in my location is: (-168|-34)

My profile is LawnMaster1 8)

What good is gold? I see you can buy it, but don't see a purporse.
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Plus Account 3 Days 15 Gold

+25% Production Lumber 3 Days 5 Gold

+25% Production Clay 3 Days 5 Gold

+25% Production Iron 3 Days 5 Gold

+25% Production Crop 3 Days 5 Gold

+10% Attack value 3 Days 3 Gold

+10% Defense value 3 Days 3 Gold

Complete construction orders and researches in this village immediately. immediately 2 Gold

1:1 Trade with the NPC merchant immediately 3 Gold

I highly recommend using your free 35 gold. One of my resource bonuses got stuck and applied for about 2 weeks instead of only 3 days.
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

hop wrote:Plus Account 3 Days 15 Gold

+25% Production Lumber 3 Days 5 Gold

+25% Production Clay 3 Days 5 Gold

+25% Production Iron 3 Days 5 Gold

+25% Production Crop 3 Days 5 Gold

+10% Attack value 3 Days 3 Gold

+10% Defense value 3 Days 3 Gold

Complete construction orders and researches in this village immediately. immediately 2 Gold

1:1 Trade with the NPC merchant immediately 3 Gold

I highly recommend using your free 35 gold. One of my resource bonuses got stuck and applied for about 2 weeks instead of only 3 days.
Hehe wasted almost all of my gold on the NPC Merchant.

Wait, you say the resource bonus was stuck for two weeks? :shockedpuzzled: What if the same thing happened to you again, but with the Travian Plus Account :twisted: ?
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

1) can you trade, lose, or gain gold? (besides buying it).

2) is there any way to build more than 1 thing at a time? (something to upgrade?)
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

Homestar wrote:1) can you trade, lose, or gain gold? (besides buying it).

2) is there any way to build more than 1 thing at a time? (something to upgrade?)
Answers:
1) No, it is not possible to lose gold other than spending it or gain gold other than buying it
2) It is not possible to build more than one thing at a time; however, it is possible to be building something, training infantry at the barracks, training cavalry at the stables, researching something at the academy, researching something at the blacksmith, researching something at the armory, training heroes at the hero's mansion, training settlers or chiefs/chieftains/senators at the palace, and training siege weapons at the workshop at the same time 8) (though I doubt somebody can do all these things at one)! My point is that you cannot do two things at once in the same building, but you can do two or more things at once in different buildings.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

But you can't build/lvl up 2 buildings at the same time, or lvl up 2 recources at the same time.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Romans can upgrade or build buildings and upgrade resource fields at the same time.

Plus account gives 2 slot upgrade queing and some other useless stuff.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

hey hop and Delnar_Ersike, what are you guy's profile names? I don't see them listed (only your coordinants). Just incase I wanted to send any messages, ect.

Is there any way to move your capitol? like if I wanted to move more towards the North East, while I'm currently in the south west.
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

Homestar wrote:hey hop and Delnar_Ersike, what are you guy's profile names? I don't see them listed (only your coordinants). Just incase I wanted to send any messages, ect.

Is there any way to move your capitol? like if I wanted to move more towards the North East, while I'm currently in the south west.
Build a residence in your city instead of a palace, upgrade it to lvl 10, found or conquer a new village, then build a palace there

My city's name is Faerun and my profile name is...dun, dun, dun! Delnar_Ersike! :lol:
cartj

Post by cartj »

hop, do you want to ally your alliance with the mc alliance?
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

cartj wrote:hop, do you want to ally your alliance with the mc alliance?
I thinks it's already decided, *looks at population of cities in mc alliance, then the ones in the axi alliance
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Well, our alliance is just the guys from work and the son of one of them. We're not really organised, so there's not much of a point to ally with us when you're smaller, though we obviously accept NAPs. You can always offer it in the embassy.

I currently have all resources at 10 and am 100% focussing on training my army:
800 praetorians for defense. (done)
800 imperians for offense and long-term reinforcements for allies. (done)
1000 Equites Imperatoris for raiding and short-term reinforcements for allies.

Reinforcing allies is basically what I play for. They get harassed by larger villages all the time and attacking people gets you gangbanged by whole alliances, so I'll just be upgrading resources and training more and more horses to help everyone. I'm one of the two with a proper defensive army, so the others can send their troops they're training to my village where they're safe from getting slaughtered. This way they can slowly build up an army whithout losing the couple of troops they trained in a day from an attack by someone with thousands of troops. I think this is the most fun thing about the game so far.