MapleStory

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

ProphetsDementia

MapleStory

Post by ProphetsDementia »

Unforunately, TowelMan flopped. However, in my random blundering about, I CORRECTLY calculated 23 of the many formulas for my favorite RPG, MapleStory!

So, I'm thinking, "If I did all this, what can stop me from making a 1P - 2P MapleStory Client?" Then, reality set in.

HOW THE HELL IS A TI-BASIC PROGRAMMER WHO DOESN'T KNOW A THING ABOUT xLIB GOING TO MAKE A HUGE CLIENT WITH ALL THE MAPS FOR HENESYS, KERNING CITY, HIDDEN STREET, PERION, ELLINIA, AND ALL THE OTHER MAPS? NOT TO MENTION ALL THE SERVERS AND SUB-SERVERS THAT COME WITH THAT?

*sigh* I tried doing in in BASIC and I got carpal tunnel.
Meh. I NEED TO LEARN FRIGGIN' xLIB!

If you can pick up where I left off (which is nowhere) or have comments/suggestions, post them here (in this thread).
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

suggestion: write a mapeditor first
very easy..
you can forget about 2-player in BASIC, getCalc( doesnt work when the other calc isnt idle, so never. Atleast not in a game.

If you can make a mapeditor you can make a game, its a little more complex but atleast you know when to draw (before the wait-for-keypress-and-update-your-timecounter-for-animation loop) and how to get the terrain behind the rest (just draw it first) and how to react to keypresses
try
Repeat K=105:Disp X:Repeat Ans:getKey:End:Ans->K:X+(K=26)(X<16)-(K=24)(X>0)->X:End
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

King Harold wrote:suggestion: write a mapeditor first
very easy..
you can forget about 2-player in BASIC, getCalc( doesnt work when the other calc isnt idle, so never. Atleast not in a game.

If you can make a mapeditor you can make a game, its a little more complex but atleast you know when to draw (before the wait-for-keypress-and-update-your-timecounter-for-animation loop) and how to get the terrain behind the rest (just draw it first) and how to react to keypresses
try
Repeat K=105:Disp X:Repeat Ans:getKey:End:Ans->K:X+(K=26)(X<16)-(K=24)(X>0)->X:End
Well, you could do the getCalc(, but it would require a completly menu based graphics screen, an indication of who goes first and second, and lots of formulas. In other words, don't even attempt it.
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

hmm I forget but if I remember correctly when i tried making a two player game in basic I ran a getcalc(L1 while the other calc was running the game and it got the list?? I don't know that was like 2 years ago though :/
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

I made a real-time multiplayer game in TI-basic two or three years ago. It was just a really crappy racing game though.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

There are ASM link routines for BASIC programmers that you can use easily enough. I think Timendus has written one that works well.