The Massacre

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

Yeah anykey I know that is because it is only a temporary sprite and the real player sprite is currently being developed.

EDIT:

News: The Massacre will be made into an Application now. Well already has been and is up and working !!! What do you guys think would you rather see it in Application form or MOS/ION form??

Here is an image of APP form

chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

If you're going to fill up the entire 16k (or more) an application is probably easiest as you don't have to worry about free RAM or any of that nonsense. Although an application doesn't have the benefit of SMC or the various libraries of code that a shell provides.

But I must say I thought this was an amateur attempt (first asm project) when I first looked at it, but it looks like it's coming along very nicely! I'm impressed so far :)
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

Yes we will be using up 16K or more and yes although it seems that SMC is a loss it really is not because the tilemap scrolling used SMC but it was very easy just to make it not use SMC. Also we are still using ionfastcopy we just copied the code into the program ;) and we don't use MOS routines.

Also thanks for the compliment. At first it was a (first asm project) but then we decided not to do that cause the outcome would not be what I wanted so we took off for 2 months , did smaller projects, then got back to this with a new and fresh outlook.
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

Yea, I'm just saying that you lose the size benefit. Rather than the one 'call' command you have to import the entire routine. 3 bytes vs. 100 or however many it is. Either way, you should have plenty of space for that in an application, haha.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I stop in for a bit and I see this great game in progress!

Looks great, keep us posted! if you need any 16x16 character sprites I made some for a GS RPG I had planned on finishing, but I wasn't able too. I would happily convert them to b&w for you!

I am at revsoft.org most of the time, but I do tend to check here and uti or so a pm or email anywhere would be fine.

Looks good, keep it up!
The Revolution is here...
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

what kind of controlls/game play scheme will be sued? Will there be a turn rpg like system, a realtime system like zelda, etc.?
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

The full game will be realtime which means the fighting system too. You can even fight NPC's but you don't want to kill ones that you need information from but you may want to execute one after they have told valueable info that you don't want to get out or you need to get there before another enemy kills an NPC so you can't get the info. This adds a sense of urgency to the game. You need to decide what to do and when to do it not just follow the same storyline.
trevmeister66

Post by trevmeister66 »

Wait, you can even kill NPC's? wow. What happens if you kill an important NPC, then go to a different screen (if there is one) and then come back? Will he reappear again or is he gone FOREVER?
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Do you get bonus points for NPC's? And more intresting, is there a "You killed everyone. You own. You win." screen?
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

First off there are multiple endings. But yes trev if you kill an important NPC he is gone forever and if an enemy kills him he is gone forever. You can either obtain so information that is not as important but leads you in that way under rocks or something but that's it. There will be multiple endings. But there is no "You killed everyone ..." screen that would be "you lose" screen you have to complete some part of the story to get to the ending and become enlightened or get ready to restart :(.
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

I know you all think this project is probaly dead but it never has been. There have been gates to overcome like me not being a sprite artist and school. All that stuff. Anyways I have gotten about 100 tiles done in b/w 16x16 and a test map for testing the game engine. Well basically what has been going on is a lot. I will be making a smoothscrolling tilemap with animations, optimized strict 16x16 masked sprite routine, more tiles, more maps, overall code optimization and commenting

here is the test map. Please don't steal any tiles

gah! finally a professional test tilemap instead of that crap first test tile map. Now for the main character sprites.

P.S: Another update is the map will scroll around the character instead of the character making the map scroll. So this will stop from making the main character this half transperant piece of crap and make for a more sleek and smooth game
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Um, you don't own those tiles. Those are from Zelda.
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

The floor and cabinet maybe. Not the ammo boxes,walls,carpet,and stairs. Please if you are going to come in this forum say something worthwhile.
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

Halifax wrote:The floor and cabinet maybe. Not the ammo boxes,walls,carpet,and stairs. Please if you are going to come in this forum say something worthwhile.
Actually, the stairs got me thinking you stole some sprites from Spencer's Zelda.
As for the killing of an important NPC, I have two things to say:
1) It is kind of unfair if you walk up to an important NPC and, by accident, kill him by pressing the wrong button. IMO, it should be that the NPC only receives damage from you once you have talked to him
2) Who will want to stop you from talking to an NPC in the story? The police?
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

To answer two an enemy will want to stop you. Another thing about the stairs. Nothing was stolen from Spencer's Zelda. The stairs clearly are not even close to looking like zelda's and "stole some sprites". ?? What other sprites are there that even remind you of Spencer's Zelda because nothing was even based off of his game?