Strategic Conquest

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

kalan_vod wrote:Most games now do not have scroll bars....
Im not sure what you dont understand about this game, I showed you the screenshots of the original that Im trying to capture the feel of as much as possible. second off, this isn't a normal game where you have a main character that stays on screen the whole freaking game. you have to be able to scroll around to view your different pieces, and there isn't a main character or anything to use as a scrolling point. thus we have the mouse and the scrollbars. the scrollbars may go away depending on whether or not kerm makes some requested changes to the mouse routine, but for now we have scroll bars.
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

email to makers of strategic conquest wrote:from Thomas Dickerson
to Delta Tao Software
date Dec 21, 2006 2:34 PM
subject strategic conquest ai
mailed-by gmail.com

greetings,
I have no idea how active delta tao software is anymore, however I really enjoy strategic conquest 3, although I never got a chance to try 4. Anyway, to get to the point, as a side project I am attempting to recreate a version of strategic conquest for the ti-83+ series of graphing calculators in z80 assembly language. I have completed much of the work on the interface/graphics, but I was wondering if you would be willing to supply me with the complete movement/combat rules used by strategic conquest, as well as possibly a rundown of the different heuristics used by each level of AI. I am attempting this as a GPL'ed project, not for anything commercial, in honor of all the hours I spent playing strategic conquest on a computer I no longer have access to. Any help you could supply would by great. Thank you.
I'll post more when I get a reply.
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

well, no luck on the AI, but he did provide me with some useful information.
Sorry, but Peter Merrill has us sworn to secrecy on the AI stuff.

The AI is far more complicated than the rest of the game programming
combined.

Thanks!

--Joe
--------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas Dickerson to Joe

hmmm.....I was somewhat afraid of that...I guess Ill have to do the AI myself....would it still be possible to get information on the rest of the game rules? I want to make sure I have them all covered, and I get the feeling there may be things I haven't discovered yet. For example, only in the last few games I played did I discover that destroyers are excellent for attacking coastal tanks.
thanks again,
thomas
-----------------------------------------
Joe Williams to me

Well, there's the manual:

http://www.joedelta.com/stratcon/

Thanks!

--Joe
------------------------------------
Thomas Dickerson to Joe

Excellent, I hadn't seen that particular document before. Thanks for all the help, once I make some more progress on coding in the rest of the rules, and do finish hotkey support Ill remember to send you a screenshot of it running on my calculator.
Thanks for all the help,
Thomas