Selling Ti-Calculator Games, programs, etc...on a CD!!!!!

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

i must have seen that cd 12 months ago. when i got my first calculator thats the first thing i found.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

lecks wrote:i must have seen that cd 12 months ago. when i got my first calculator thats the first thing i found.
Yeah, I saw this a while ago as well. I wonder how many people are actually buying it. :?
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

So I see your selling a CD illegally without my and thousands of other authors' permissions. Are you aware that this is a direct violation of the user licencsing, both explicit and implied, that all of these programs are published with at ticalc.org? It would be more legal if you removed this product from the market or gave each of the thousands of authors the 2% royalties they deserve (in case you're bad at math, that means over 4000% of the raw profit from each sale goes towards royalties). However, you are free to do whatever you want; the community has begun to take note of your activities, and we will be watching to see what you do

Kerm Martian
Founder and Chief Programmer, Cemetech
#1 most proficient community programmer (564% please!).
Image Image Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

KermMartian wrote:
So I see your selling a CD illegally without my and thousands of other authors' permissions. Are you aware that this is a direct violation of the user licencsing, both explicit and implied, that all of these programs are published with at ticalc.org? It would be more legal if you removed this product from the market or gave each of the thousands of authors the 2% royalties they deserve (in case you're bad at math, that means over 4000% of the raw profit from each sale goes towards royalties). However, you are free to do whatever you want; the community has begun to take note of your activities, and we will be watching to see what you do

Kerm Martian
ROFL, please post what he says about that :D.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

KermMartian wrote:

Kerm Martian
*WHISLTE* BEAUTIFUL! ABSOLUTE BRILLIANCE!
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

KermMartian wrote:

Kerm Martian
Nice :)
(You could have run it through a spell/grammer-check first, though!)
NetherFish

Post by NetherFish »

I remember when ticalc.org sent out a CD and then recalled it. I still have it somewhere...

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/art ... 53866.html
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

You aren't fast, are you? :P We already posted that at 1st/2nd page:
kv83 wrote:
AndySoft wrote:Are those perhaps the infamous CDs from ticalc.org and TI?
Selling those would be as illegal as the cd's we think he sells. Those were pulled back by TI. I still have one of those cd's in my collection, and I remembet that even for that CD, you had to give your 'ok' to let your game/program be put on that CD.
NetherFish

Post by NetherFish »

I suppose I'll have to read every post in every topic before I post again.

EDIT: Oh, and it was posted on the 3rd page :P
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Too lazy to spellcheck. I see I made the your/you're mistake though. :)
Image Image Image
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Well, I don't care that much about some guy selling my "Tic Tac Toe: Spaze Edition". However, I never gave anybody but ticalc.org the permission to copy and/or distribute the game. The game sucks. But that doesn't mean it's not my property and "he" is stealing my property.
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

Kerm: Anything come of this?
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Nope, they didn't respond. Someone should sue... :(
Image Image Image
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

Dang it, 'twood have been hilarious to see their response.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft