Racecar II; The need to race Beta Download

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

ninja_master

Racecar II; The need to race Beta Download

Post by ninja_master »

Racecar II is a simulation type racing game that I'm working on. It has over 30 cars at the moment, 4 color greyscale (with the help of xLib) and numerous upgrades including Engine, NA Tune, Turbo, Tires, Weight Reduction and some others. This game has custom built menus and awesome graphics. I've been working on this game for some time now and it is turning into somthing great.
The racing part of this game is a gear based system. Each car has 4 gears and so when you get to the max speed of that gear you must shift to the next gear which decreases your acceleration.
Right now this game is about 15K total but with the help of achiving, unarchiving, and vast optimasations (not spelled right) I'm hoping to get it down to 10K. If you want anymore info or have any ideas for this game post it here.
Oh, and one more thing this is the only game that I have found that is a simulation type game. (Just wanted to add that in.)
Last edited by ninja_master on Sun 18 Jun, 2006 12:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wright Studios.org the place for calculator graphics.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

I wouldn't try xlib grayscale on a fast-paced game, it will slow it down a LOT. It's fine for things like rpgs, but it takes up a lot of mem and will be too slow for a racing game.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

It is just for the title screen. If i tried to make greyscale on the whole thing. Massively big it would be.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Looks nice, and I love the title screen!
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

The only thing that i am having trouble with is i am trying to make it as realistist as possible. I was browsing around the internet trying to find the equations for acceleration with all of the factors including gears, friction, and everything else. If you can help I would be grateful.
Last edited by ninja_master on Tue 27 Dec, 2005 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

ooo can you add obstacles or can you not change lanes? pretty great game i love simulation type games. ive been waiting for one.
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

I might be able to do lane changes but the only problem with that is that it will slow down the game. Right now it is about 3 f/s on a 84+ silver. good idea though. I might do it if i can find more opimasations (again spelled wrong :( )

I will hopefully release the beta very soon. Just got to finish the racing part and the upgrades. It's taking longer than I thought.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

optimizations, optimize, optimized, optimization
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

If you're only making still screens in grayscale, why not use Rigview? It stores your 4-level grayscale pic in a compressed assembly file (using a convertor on the computer) so its easier to draw and it is much smaller (under 1000 bytes).

lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

yes rigview is a good option. i must have over 150 pictures on my calculator and its still got a ton of space.
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

Where can I get Rigveiw? Never heard of it.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 19374.html

Amazingly useful program. Just choose export standalone program, otherwise you won't be able to call it with the Asm( command, and you will need the RIGVIEW main program in MirageOS to view your image.

ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

That's pretty cool but it flickers more than if i just do it by hand. The plus is it does save a lot of space. The thing is do I wanta trade space for Quality?

I'm thinkin about making it an app using basicbuilder, but I'm not sure how compatable it would be at its present state. I'm hopin that I don't need to do a lot of rewriting.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

I don't think Basicbuilder is compatible with Xlib- Basicbuilder has its own pics that arent compatible with the regular TI-OS pics 0-9 and hacked pics 11-255. Basibuilder uses pics A-Z. If Rigview flickers too much, try adjusting the sync. Make your pic for the Rigview main program, and view it in Mirage, then press ( and ) to adjust the sync. When you find a setting that doesn't flicker, then record it and set all your pics to that.

ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

That stinks. I was hopin that I could do it. Oh well, guess I'll just have to make it smaller. The greyscale pics look awesome now that the sync is right. thanks for pointing me in the right direction.