What are all the calc-worthy programs?

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

(random poll)What is better?

84+SE (gotta love the usb and clock)
47%
83+SE (stupid "stylish" 84 keys/shape are not for me)
53%

Total votes: 15

threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Sorry, about that, it's just that memories of the program fill me with rage :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:.

I like PuzzPack, that modified Phoenix where everything was cheaper, bombkids if you had a friend to play with, mars patrol, and the verdante forest.

[Edit] OH and joltima.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

anybody gonna answer my question?

fire track II
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

many appologies CompWiz :mrgreen: :worship: :mrgreen:

How can ASM pose a problem for distribution? Maybe learning ION will make it easier to use for others. Ion also has awesome routines! ya!

anyways, my favorite calc games:
Phoenix Jupiter
PuzzPack (though it gets boring afterawhile, and no saves. Blockdude is cool!)
FastTunnel (Must have in my mind)
Falldown

I prefer short games when playing in class; they can be put away quickly when the teacher comes over. Ya, forgot about lack of a computer for ASM ^_^
Image Image Image
gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

FallUP
TVF

btw, 3 of kevin's programs and nanowar's wizards are featured in the POTY survey... http://www.ticalc.org/
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Nano had better hurry up and finish the gamma quick then! :D

Lecks: Nope, I saw a topic bout that before and it was decided that one couldn't do it.

ON TOPIC: I forgot to mention that Wizards is very fun.
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

lecks wrote:sorry to be off topic but i dont wanna start a new thread just to ask one question so, is there anything for the 83/84+ that makes your calculator screen look like the pretty print on the ti 89? ive always been wanting my calculator to be like that instead of the boring thing it is now.
PrettyPt *almost* does this. It's an app you can get at detached solutions (I think).

Donut Quest *looks innocent* what did I do?
just try to be nice to people.

Post by currahee »

threefingeredguy wrote:FFTOM sucks. It took me hours to get it to play, and then it wasn't fun.
Is that Hitoshi's fault that you can't figure out how to send games to your calc?
Don't the ff tom games require a bunch of programs to be unarchived for play? It's kind of annoying to have to unarchive the files for ff and then rearchive them to use any other program. Also, it's difficult to remember which files are part of the game.
No, not really. They're split into chapters, so they're split in sections. Also there's 2 specific variables that you only need to save (FF:TOM1, I believe there's only 1 variable to save in FF:TOM2).
And no offense but you seem to be making it worse. If you want to play another game (FF:TOM2) All you need to do is have a backup of the files only needed in RAM, reset the RAM, and then play your other games.
FF:TOM is a bit of a pain for you, but remember when this came out they had the TI-83+ and FF:TOM ate up all the archive and RAM.

It's still a good storyline though

*cough*BEERHUNT*cough*

As for XXR... I didn't like it that much. Yeah it looks good but there's hardly any replayability in it.

*gets ready to defend from onslaught of XXR / DDR fans*
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

threefingeredguy: yeah, bomberkids is great, as long as there's someone else willing to play it with you. I bet it will be alot more popular when [cough]if[/cough] kerm martian gets the internet multiplayer calc program working.

Program: Quest quest v 0.1 is a neat hint of what's to come, and one of the fastest demo releases of a good asm game to ever happen. 20 days from start to demo! Don't you wish metroid was like that? :D
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Is that Hitoshi's fault that you can't figure out how to send games to your calc?
Bahahaha, do you think I didn't know how to send files to my calc? No, man it had to do with the fact that it was a billion programs and it crashed a few lines into the game.
BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

I'll admit, FF:TOM was rather... Cumbersome. I never really got far into it, due to the amount of stuff that needed to be transferred back and forth, and the fact that I could often not get it to work. Can't remember if I had those problems with FF:TOM2, but yeah. Definitely hard to do games. But still rather high quality for BASIC. And especially back in the day, without OmniCalc and sprites and stuff.

Oh, and for programs, if Desolate wasn't listed yet, add that one in.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

'Twas, but yes, it is definitely VERY deserving.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

threefingeredguy wrote:
Bahahaha, do you think I didn't know how to send files to my calc? No, man it had to do with the fact that it was a billion programs and it crashed a few lines into the game.
Odd, that never happened/happens to me... :?

Bah, let's blame everything on TI Connect
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

currahee wrote:
threefingeredguy wrote:

And your program for that post is... ?

That is one program or more per post, not one per user.

program: Orzunoid
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

I wrote down 3, so I get 2 free posts...

Reuben Quest if ur a fan of RPGs...

oh and my upcoming Halo side-scroller, even though it'll prolly suck b@115...
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

CompWiz wrote:
currahee wrote:
threefingeredguy wrote: Bahahaha, do you think I didn't know how to send files to my calc? No, man it had to do with the fact that it was a billion programs and it crashed a few lines into the game.

And your program for that post is... ?

That is one program or more per post, not one per user.

program: Orzunoid
I don't really care ...? Compwiz if you do that this is just going to be a spamfest thread. I could easy just put one or two word programs.

The Halo side scroller is going to be interesting, i'm looking forward to it 8) in any case, it's going to be already better than the joke Halo 83.5.