transference problems

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Loki
Extreme Poster
Location: My world is in grayscale, but if i stand still long enough, i see it in black and white.

transference problems

Post by Loki »

Im having problems sending programs to my TI-83+ (from my TI-84+SE and other TI-83+). At first I thought it was my cord, so I tried sending something to my friend's 83+ with the same cord, and it worked. We even did some 2 player Ztris. So I'm guessing its a problem with my link port on the 83+. Anyone know how to fix it, aside from buying a new calc?
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Which software? Can you get two calculators to talk to eachother?
Loki
Extreme Poster
Location: My world is in grayscale, but if i stand still long enough, i see it in black and white.

Post by Loki »

Yeah, but not to the 83+. I can send stuff to my friend's 83+ and his 84+SE, but it just seems to be my 83+ that wont accept anything. It always gives the ERR:XMIT on the sending calculator. the OS on my 83+ is 1.18 and the OS on my 84+SE is 2.30
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Make sure on calc to calc transfer that the recieving calc in in recieve mode before you press send. Otherwise: clicky.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

threefingeredguy wrote:Make sure on calc to calc transfer that the recieving calc in in recieve mode before you press send. Otherwise: clicky.
Yeah my calc is becomeing in the same situation :(.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

It's probably a TI led conspiracy to force people into thinking what piece of cr@p the 83+es are and will buy the 84+ instead.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
Loki
Extreme Poster

Post by Loki »

wouldnt be surprised....oh well, I'll just sell it to the highest bidder at school; god knows i need to money. btw, that revsoft topic link didnt work.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Odd, the topic was deleted. Oh well, its said that the leads had become disconnected and a quick soldering job ought to fix it, if you're careful.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Hehehe I might accidentally solder the thing off accidentally :(
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
Loki
Extreme Poster

Post by Loki »

Ill rip it open and take a look when i get back from thanksgiving. Hopefully i can fix it; if not ill just sell it...thanks for the help guys
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

My PC<->Calc cord used to only work when it was held in certain ways ... its was very picky (now it doesnt work at all :(). My 2 calcs can talk to each other just not the computer, ive even made some serial links which didnt work either.

It can be especially frustrating as i havent been able to test anything on hardware in well over a year now :(.

Hope you can get it fixed Loki.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

:( that sucks tr1p. ARGH I hate this! TI hasn't even updated TI Connect in such a long time when updates are badly needed!

Common TiLP 2!
Loki
Extreme Poster

Post by Loki »

No luck mates. Couldnt get the back cover off >.< Oh well, i'll just sell it then.
KRoot

Post by KRoot »

The screwdriver that you need is a Torx 6 driver. You can get them for cheap on the internet, and usually is a fairly simple job if you have soldered before.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

KRoot wrote:The screwdriver that you need is a Torx 6 driver. You can get them for cheap on the internet, and usually is a fairly simple job if you have soldered before.
This is the master :P, btw could you get them at a store so I don't have to wait for it to be shipped :D.