Xbox 360 just a day away...

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

currahee
Calc Wizard

Xbox 360 just a day away...

Post by currahee »

But here it's already Nov 22 :roll: but of course it won't be out here until Dec 10th at least. Maybe I will get it here, seeing the premium package is only $340 :o (of course i wont sucker in and buy the premium) I wonder if the core package will be about $240. But ehhh seeing this is South Korea, real prices might be $440 for premium and $340 for core. Doesn't that suck? :D In fact here in South Korea, they're still selling the PS2 and the Xbox as well for $299... what a ripoff. (DS is $190 while the Electric Blue is $200... wtf? and the GBA is about a good $115 but then again I guess it's no surprise seeing the brainless South Korean government puts heavy taxes on all imported goods. Even imported vehicles have a "double tax" meaning they cost twice as much as you'd pay for it's original price tag. You pay the intial price and you also pay the government the price of a Benz for example.)

I was hoping to be in the U.S. at this time, to see how insane people would be come due to the shortage. Or maybe i'm lucky to be out of the U.S.

Since I have a cousin in Japan right now, orders anyone? :wink: j/k

But I am curious, who's getting it? I might.. I dunno. I would rather not live with the guilt of getting my hands spoiled on more Microsoft but then again I'd prefer Microsoft over Sony anyday.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yeah arrival dates for things and their prices sometimes suck in AUstralia too ... not quite as bad though.

I think ill pass on the 360 though.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

tr1p1ea wrote:I think ill pass on the 360 though.
me too.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

I'm saving my money for elder scrolls 4: oblivion.
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

To expensive right now, but eventually.....after I get a JOB :D
cheese=yum
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

the only games that ever caught my intrest from xbox were fable and halo, both of which are avaliable for the comp. for all the ppl who plan on modding their $400+xbox to play 'classic games,' dont bother; nintendo's offering it without the need for a mod (anyone hear anything new on this?)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Actually I was quite surprised at how much I could get my Xbox modded for here in South Korea. $40. That included the chip and a BIOS switch. EvoX :)
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

currahee wrote:Actually I was quite surprised at how much I could get my Xbox modded for here in South Korea. $40. That included the chip and a BIOS switch. EvoX :)
You can get lots of things in South Korea :P, for very cheap.....
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

Well, considering the fact that no stores have them in stock, and my parents won't let me, I'll pass.
Besides, the PSIII kicks it's ass!
I think, therefore iMac
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Oh, you've played a ps3 have you?
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
randroid

Post by randroid »

tr1p1ea wrote:Oh, you've played a ps3 have you?
Agrees with Tr1p1ea, Serious don't throw crap like that around until its actually tangable evidence about it. Otherwise we have flame war, and we all know thats just not required let alone allowed on these forums. Keep it nice, nothing like "360 Sucks!" or "PSIII/Revolution completly kicks its ass" thats just not cool and Im sure we already hear enough of it already. Feel free to speculate just don't make it look like your the god of Sony.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

kalan_vod wrote:
currahee wrote:Actually I was quite surprised at how much I could get my Xbox modded for here in South Korea. $40. That included the chip and a BIOS switch. EvoX :)
You can get lots of things in South Korea :P, for very cheap.....
But see, that's the problem. Everything is so cheap you can't stop buying :) ... or may be is it :cry: ?

But like buying a botle of 600mL coke on the street is 1200 Won on average (about $1.10)... which sucks when you can get the same sized thing for 740 Won (~70 cents) at a Super mart... and a bottle of "fake Sprite" for only 480 Won... ~40 cents
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

crzyrbl wrote:the only games that ever caught my intrest from xbox were fable and halo, both of which are avaliable for the comp.
KOTOR, KOTOR 2...............
cheese=yum
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

also for pc... :roll:
bananas... o.o
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

You've gotta realize that even though this is great hardware and the graphics are good, it just isn't that much better. What's different? It's prettier? Is that good enough? It might be enough this generation, but what about in the long run? The Porsche in a next generation game may look more like a photo than this generation, but hell, not that much more like it. I personally don't think this is the way games should go. I won't be the sucker to pay 60 to 70 dollars for a single game for a 400 dollar system.