Stealth-Cancelled

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Post a little code, just the program which you are testing if he is dead or not.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

ok, sorry i forgot to post some code:

Code: Select all

:While R>0
:Blah blah blah
:Yada yada
:If S<=0:Then
:Death stuff
:End
That was the first failure. Seeing that it had the same problem as time, i tried this:

:...
:If S...
:Next part triggers
This resulted in Steve only dying if the time limit has reached 0 and he is below 0 health

This next part just caused the program to die from syntax:

:While S>0
:If S...
Any other suggestions? This one is a real bugger of a boss
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

If you lose from time or life do:

While R>=0 or S>=0
End
If you subtract by one on each value (R-1->R and S-1->S), then that makes it even easier:

Repeat not(RS
End
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

News Flash: Im an idiot!

Im sorry you had spent time making that coding for me kalan, because i found the real problem.

I used the wrong variable.

I was supposed to be using a variable that kept track of your health percentage, but when it came to checking to see if you died, it used the health points from the previous boss, thus making it theoretically impossible to die in the second boss unless you stored variables personally and ran starting at that section of the game.

Well, after that problem, boss 2 is ready to send. however, my batteries ran low (at the worst time) and now i need to replace them before i can make a save progress group for mission 2. also, ive had problems with ram wipes before when my batteries run low, so i will probably continue progress tomorrow
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Ok, well I thought it would be you changing one of your vars incorrectly but I am glad you figured it out :P. Good luck!
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

sorry guys, still havent replaced my batteries yet. ill try a backup on my computer so that way the progress can be saved, but i dont know if it will have enough power in it to survive the transfer...if not, ill just have to wait for some fresh batteries.

boss 2 is done, and because boss 3 will take a while, i will take my time first to get the other part of mission 2 done first.

finally, last night i found a whole bunch of minigames i made, transfered to comp, and forgot about :). when i get home, ill put them up for download so they can divert your atten...ahem...give you something to do until stealth comes out :D
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Sounds like fun, I hope to see them soon!
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

delay tactics! errr... Attention distractors....ummm

ah screw it, heres your minigames to hold you over till i release the next mission :D

http://www.savefile.com/files/9604571
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

screeny?
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

well, what exactly do you want a screeny of? stealth or my minigames? cause i really dont think the minigames are worth screenshots for :D.

all they really are is basic minigames that any slum can make, i just made them when i was bored (thus, why they are called the bored minigame pack). The only real innovative one is my invisible maze, and i dont think a screenshot could show much for that :D

unless you want a screenshot of some of the little screen effect things i have on there (fireworks, a bouncing screensave ball, some stupid meteor shower thing, and a 5 finger hand that you can play around with.)

oh, and nevermind the little doodat program thats in there, it was an early design on a way to have cheats in stealth, and its scrapped now. The number puzzle it has is still quite a challenge though :D
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

I got to try out your boss #2, but didnt get much time to do so. I am really upset atm so once I get more time I will give it another go.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

bah, still no batteries :evil: looks like stealth is a little delayed by the slightest problem right now :(. but nm that, batteries are easy to replace, just annoy the parents enough till they get you more :D.

anyways, boss 3 looks just about planned out, but im going to finish up the other part of the level first so i dont have to worry about that later. I think that boss 3 is going to be the best of them all.

Also, im starting to think that i made boss 2 just a little bit too hard. And by a little, i mean youll get carpal tunnel trying to keep up :D. even the original metal gear solid torture sequence wasnt that bad.

Oh wait, it was...dam me and my wanting to survive torture all 4 times just to get the robot ninja...(oops spoiler)...

also, im thinking that steve might find something out after this mission that will take the game on a fantastic mission to other worlds! in other words, i ran out of ideas for just going farther in the base, so im just going to end that part of the storyline and send him to another game. who knows? :D

finally, in last news, i gotz me some canday! :D :D :D
me hyped up on sugar --> :lol: :lol: :x :x 8)
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

sorry for this double post, just wanna let you know this is still alive, im getting close to completion on mission 2, just two more screens. Im still waiting for info back from the two beta testers who got their bosses already. Progress on a day by day basis shall be posted at the website forementioned in the edited first post. All downloads have been updated to go in the first post, and when i get the mission complete, ill post it here as well as on the other forum.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Well I tried the boss once, and it was too hard! :P, I had to cheat!
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

yea, i kinda figured it was too hard. I had just barely beat it myself, not cheating of course :P by rubbing my finger over the edge of the 2nd button. Even then, i got away with 13 percent health. What do you think would make it easier? A) Amount of health taken away decreased B) amount of time between zaps increased C) Decrease total amounts of time D) Give you a health regen at the end of each series.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%