Calculator Programming Convention?

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

LOL Vincent, then I'll just ask someone else :)
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

KermMartian wrote:Any chance of getting that CPC-sanctioned? :)
Gwaaah!! Bureaucracy! Pain! Horror! Death!
* Runs away in direction of German border instead of Amsterdam * :)

It'll just be a few nerdy guys drinking a beer, looking at Dutch chicks*, what's the big deal people? :P
*) Best looking girls in the world of course, but nonetheless :)
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

psh. Redsox. :P
Image Image Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

TUO (the_unknown_one) your missing out then on kv, have you seen his E-penor? :shock:
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

kalan_vod: Yes I have ;)

Timendus: BUT I'll be able to meet some of the elite of the TI-community (which I don't nearly belong to) :D It'll roxor your boxorz!
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

Alright, calc con, Cleveland, this Saturday. Anyone down? (Ok, I'm not being too serious, I just happen to be on Thanksgiving break next week)
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

the_unknown_one wrote:Timendus: BUT I'll be able to meet some of the elite of the TI-community (which I don't nearly belong to) :D It'll roxor your boxorz!
:)
Do you know if you'll be coming yet?
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
alex10819

Post by alex10819 »

Being one of the people who first worked to come up with the design (this idea came around a while ago, but was originally just for cemetech members... then it spread), i guess i should be here for this discussion.

Personally, i suggested the small town of Saluda, North Carolina. My reasons for doing are simple, though few.
1. Money: for about $2000, we can rent lodging, convention space, and get basic breakfast foods for an entire week... and that's assuming 50 people come... total, that's like $40 per person... sounds good to me :)
2. I live nearby, so i can arrange free concerts/entertainment for attendees...
3. I know all the local people, and could show everyone how to get the best burger on the East Coast for under $2

i have other reasons, but i cant remember them now... and last time i looked, the vote between Saluda and NYC was tied on cemetech...
Alex10819 Productions... One of those little calc sites...
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Welcome alex10819, and I think it would be cool but thats a little far for me to go for a calc. programing convention :P. I'm in Tulsa,OK and I wouldn't travel as far as 1 state distance.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

alex10819 wrote:Being one of the people who first worked to come up with the design (this idea came around a while ago, but was originally just for cemetech members... then it spread), i guess i should be here for this discussion.

Personally, i suggested the small town of Saluda, North Carolina. My reasons for doing are simple, though few.
1. Money: for about $2000, we can rent lodging, convention space, and get basic breakfast foods for an entire week... and that's assuming 50 people come... total, that's like $40 per person... sounds good to me :)
2. I live nearby, so i can arrange free concerts/entertainment for attendees...
3. I know all the local people, and could show everyone how to get the best burger on the East Coast for under $2

i have other reasons, but i cant remember them now... and last time i looked, the vote between Saluda and NYC was tied on cemetech...
That does sound nice, but you can't forget location. If the convention isn't near very many people, then fewer people will come. If you look at the ti community frapper, you will notice that many people(who have recorded their location) live in the Northeast USA, but few live in North Carolina. (I realize that not everyone has gone there and posted their location yet, but it's still a pretty good indicator of where the TI programmers live.) The convention should be held somewhere close to where people who will be participating in it live.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Given the fact no one has recommended a location other than their hometowns yet :roll:, I'd say it's obvious no one is going to travel.

Here's an idea: state and city conventions?
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

DigiTan wrote:Given the fact no one has recommended a location other than their hometowns yet :roll:, I'd say it's obvious no one is going to travel.

I recommended Cedar Point a while back, but obviously it's not a good November location. Other good choices would be DC or NYC, though I'm not sure what we would do.

Check out this post from Cemetech:
KermMartian wrote:Did you see on maxcoderz that some guys are meeting in the Netherlands sparked by our idea?
I really don't think that's the case, since I know that the idea was tossed around here in the spring, and I think also previously on another incarnation of the Maxcoderz forum, and I seriously doubt that was the first place it was mentioned. Joe being in Europe is probably the most relevant factor.
Last edited by Kerey on Fri 18 Nov, 2005 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

DigiTan wrote:Given the fact no one has recommended a location other than their hometowns yet :roll:, I'd say it's obvious no one is going to travel.

I said dallas for obvious reasons, although I live in south texas, a trip thats further than most people have to go to get out of their state.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

State and City conventions will not work, as there are not enough people to come to these. Maybe state conventions for the more popular states, but it is probably best to have a few conventions in locations reachable by many people.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Well, if anybody can travel to the DFW area, I had a chance to talk with some TI/Raytheon R&D and I'm trying to organize a company tour of the main facility in either February or March. It's all preliminary right now, but they've said they can tour most of their campus. This hasn't been approved yet, so no promises.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]