More TI Connect ranting

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

currahee
Calc Wizard

More TI Connect ranting

Post by currahee »

Me: *drags Nimbus.8xv to calculator archive on TI Connect*
TI Connect: :twisted: Can't communicate with the calculator!!! Teeheess!!!!
Me: wtf?
TI Connect: *refreshes calculator directory on screen meaning it's communicating alright...*
Me: WTF? *repeats step*
TI Connect: :twisted: Can't communicate with the calculator!!! Teeheess!!!!
Me: .....

So after HOW many updates has it been and they still can't get it to work straight? Oh that's nothing actually... I want to ask you guys have you ever expierenced sending grouped files that takes a crapload of time and just to find out it's asking you if it can start sending grouped files from archives that you never dragged over?
F-ing shoddy piece of *********@#$*#*Y$*#$)*#*Y#*)!!!
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

It is because of this that i switched to TiLP2... it's an alpha but it works like a charm :)
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Well, someitmes I had trouble with the 83+ and the silver cable, but mostly on the '98 computer. I have yet to have problems with the 89t's thing, though maybe it's just because of the built in usb stuff it has. How does the 84+ compare?
bananas... o.o
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Not any better. Actually i'd say integrating the USB function was a stupid move on TI's part for one reason:
The auto-off fuction and the plugged in USB function is NOT welcomed by me. It's so friggen annoying when you're browsing for games then trying to send them only to find out the calculator isn't communicating because it's OFF. I thought the Silverlinks with Connect was worse but man this is like 10x worse. It makes the silver link look like a joke.

Okay okay so the calc turns off with the other links BUT Windows didn't need to detect the link cable everytime now did it? When you turn it back on there's always a device detection delay which is VERY annoying.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Mine did that. Theres a problem with the linkport. The computer can read information, but nothing can be sent to it and other calcs can say they are sending to it but never finish.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

when I tried to send the xTreme Golf Alpha Demo, ti-connect said something along the lines of it couldn't find the file. :?: I mean, it was right in the send to TI box, and it said it couldn't find it. That, among other things has motivated me to switch to the TILP. For that, where do you put the driver for the silverlink cable? I downloaded it but I didn't see where it was supposed to go. It didn't seem to say in the manual.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Use a mac, I know that sounds dumb but it works. TI Connect didnt register my calc but I could right click and send-to on mac.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Did you do it from within a Windows Compressed (.zip) Folder? That never works, extract the .zip first and do it from there.
ImageImage
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

threefingeredguy wrote:Use a mac, I know that sounds dumb but it works. TI Connect didnt register my calc but I could right click and send-to on mac.
Um, in case you haven't noticed, they aren't all that common, at least compared to Windows PCs. My computer does recognize the calc, it just doesn't want to send the file. And what version are they up to on the mac? Isn't it a lot older version than on the PC?

AndySoft: I will try unzipping it like you reccomended. Thanks. But don't you have to move the silverlink driver somewhere so tilp can use it?
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

The one size fits all resolution to the TI Connect crap:

1) Download TI Graphlink (It works better on SP2...)
2) Group files. If theres only 1 proggie then create a list variable and group em together
3) Send them directly to the Flash Rom.

Worked for me with Justin Karneges' Joltima to the 83+ port :wink:
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Why do people keep insisting TI Connect has issues on SP2? It works FINE for me. GraphLink is out of the question anyway since I only have USB links.
ImageImage
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

It's still useful for grouping and ungrouping files no?
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

AndySoft wrote:Why do people keep insisting TI Connect has issues on SP2? It works FINE for me. GraphLink is out of the question anyway since I only have USB links.
I've heard other ppl having problems with SP2 too (not just ti connect), even though it works fine for me. I think it reacts different with different computers.

Also, graphlink is kinda handy for editing basic on the computer.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

SP2 made it so I couldn't set my internet explorer security settings below medium high.
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

Then why use it? Switch to Opera or if you must, Firefox. Noticed the 'if you must'. Firefox is my new hatred :evil:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft