games/movies with sound on the calculator

Got a brilliant program idea? Let us know!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

lecks
Extreme Poster

games/movies with sound on the calculator

Post by lecks »

these 2 web-sites for reference:

1: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/art ... 30297.html
2: http://www.lexar.com/mp3/jd_music.html

lets say, somebody makes a game, and seperately makes mp3 sfx for the game. you put the sfx in the usb mp3 (reference 2) and then load the game to your calc.. (reference 1)

now, part of that game's code, say whenever you trigger something, it sends a command for the mp3 player to play a sound. the sound will never be stored into the calc, and the only thing the calculator has to do is send a command to the usb port, telling the mp3 to play the sound.

this will work because the mp3 can receive commands, the same way it does when hooked up to a computer and its told to do things like to give songs to the computer, or to take songs, or to PLAY A SONG...

OR, someone can make a game and store it in usb mp3, along with the sound, and the game is being played off of the usb mp3, taking little, if any, calculator rom. then, whenever something is triggered, the sound is played in real time, with the game.

sound good?
Last edited by lecks on Sat 10 Sep, 2005 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

this can work great on many upcoming rpgs like zelda games, since they're very popular, or the metroid... if it ever gets finished.

yes, i know this wont have a big audience, and this may be impossible, but if it can be done, and there's a cheaper thing than that Lexar thing, then maybe more people will try to make games like this. first of all, we need a driver...
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Didn't you post this in, like, 3 other topics? :roll: Just wondering. :lol:
bananas... o.o
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Spengo wrote:Didn't you post this in, like, 3 other topics? :roll: Just wondering. :lol:
Yesssssssssssssss.

But, I image this could work. I might look into this if I can find a job. The real question is, who in their right mind would use it beside us crazies?
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Hehe, my best friend at school refuses to touch anything written in assembly language for fear of crashing his calc. :o In fact, I only know one other kid (a sophmore this year) who even cares about having videogames on his calculator at all! People are too spoiled with fancy toys like Nintendo DS and related to appreciate calculator games! :evil:
bananas... o.o
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

DS and calcs rocks! I think this could work.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

i thought this up cause, see im a freshman, and i go to this #7 ranked school (alot of nerds), so like everybody in my math class has a ti 83+ and 84 + with games and almost everybody has mp3 players. so i thought somehow they could hook it up to their calc and play games with sfx... then i found that usb mp3, and i thought it could be possible.

spengo wrote:
Didn't you post this in, like, 3 other topics? :roll: Just wondering.

-- and also, i didnt know an idea section existed so i posted it on the projects section, then i asked a guy making a game to try it out, then i found the ideas section and put it there. sorry about all those posts. didnt really mean to.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

's all good.