Sending programs from 84+SE to 83+

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Wesley

Sending programs from 84+SE to 83+

Post by Wesley »

Okay,
today I tried sending a program of mine from my 84+SE to my friend's 83+ to better aid him in his calculus 2 class. I plugged in the correct plug and expected it to work, because I've done it with other 83+'s previously. When I sent the program to my friend's calculator, the error "Error in Xmit" occurred. Don't think I did something wrong in the sending and receiving process, I know how this sort of thing works.
So, before I typed this post, I consulted the TI84+SE manual on the issue, it says the following:

Error in Xmit
-Make sure the cable is plugged in firmly and the receive unit is in receive mode.
-[ON] was pressed.
-You tried a backup from TI82 to a TI84+
-You tried to transfer data (other than a list) to a 82 from a 84+
-Other 82 crap

As you can see, most of the solutions are for TI82's. My problem is for a TI83+. None of the following from the list apply to my error. I thought the problem may be because my friend's calculator is probably 5 years old and would need an OS update, but that shouldn't even matter, should it?
Any suggestions in sending my file to my friend's calculator?
P.S. I thought of bringing his calculator home and transferring from my computer, but I don't have the old type of port on my computer. Therefore, this cannot be a solution when posting here.
ImageImage
ImageImage
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: Sending programs from 84+SE to 83+

Post by benryves »

As far as I'm aware the two calculators are link-compatible (in the same way that they're key compatible and assembly-program compatible). If your calculator can transfer files to other calculators fine it may indicate a problem with theirs; can they transfer files to other calculators? It may be worth trying to reset RAM or similar on theirs (back up important data first).

I could be speaking nonsense, though, having never seen an 84+...
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

Alrighty,
I took some time to fool around with his calculator before class and I got it to work. Weird that it didn't work before though :puzzled:
ImageImage
ImageImage
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yeah sometimes these things only work when they want to :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
magicdanw

Post by magicdanw »

If one of you has somewhat low batteries, that can cause a problem. Because the voltage fluxuates, it might work at one time and not another. Or, could've been some dust in the port or something that was messing it up. Who knows?