Smash Bros Brawl

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

kv83 wrote:What's the hype all about. Never liked the Smash Bros games. Last game I played was the one on the cube and is was horrible.
Stop trolling, Super Smash Bros Melee was a great game, and Brawl will be even better. (lol feeding trolls)

I hope Ness will be returning, he was my favourite character. Although it looks like there'll be a lot of other great characters to choose from if he doesn't make it.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Smash Bros Bawwww
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Smash Bros Lawl! That game is hilarious!
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

hop wrote:Smash Bros Bawwww
bawwwww
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

I like SSB's simplicity. I don't enjoy too many fighting games because I get bored learning the moves, and button mashing is no fun. SSB has a lot of characters, but they all mostly have the same button combinations to pull of different moves. Anyone play Melty Blood?
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

leofox wrote:
kv83 wrote:What's the hype all about. Never liked the Smash Bros games. Last game I played was the one on the cube and is was horrible.
Stop trolling, Super Smash Bros Melee was a great game, and Brawl will be even better.
I'm not trolling. I am just giving my opinion. If you want a hippy-we're-all-happy-and-dancing-around-a-tree-joy-joy-thread, you're clearly on the wrong forum.
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

crzyrbl wrote:I like SSB's simplicity. I don't enjoy too many fighting games because I get bored learning the moves, and button mashing is no fun. SSB has a lot of characters, but they all mostly have the same button combinations to pull of different moves. Anyone play Melty Blood?
I enjoy the same thing with SSB. However, what I also like is that each stage is different both in the platforms and the special stuff (rising lava in Brinstar, for example), so it allows for a ton of gameplay strategies with each hero on each stage.

@kv83: I agree with you, SSB isn't the best game of the century. However, it was (and still is) very popular because of the versatile gameplay and the featuring of popular Nintendo characters (Various Pokemon, Link, Mario, Samus, etc.) all in one game.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

providing you don't force people to change their mind about ssb you have the right to post your opinion.

As for ourselves over here we recently did a WWW (Wii Wide War) with a few dozen of friends, we were throwing wii consoles at each others and wii game dvds as frisbees, it was awesome!!!!

j/k I dont think anyone could do this to such console, I love the wii and i may buy SSB when it comes out here. My bro alerady have twilight princess and is waiting for metroid prime corruption. I hope SSB will be easy to control with the wiimote tho :)
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

*bump/revive/rescue/should I have let this die?* :P

Super Smash Brawl Official Site (Dojo)

Ok, for those of you who haven't been checking up on the Dojo site lately/in a while, they just released about 4 videos for SSB, all of which pertain to Snake. The top one is 1:19, and is the first video to truly give a few short clips of real combat outside of the World Trailer (which was mostly 'final smash moves'). If for some reason you have trouble playing the videos on the official website, you can also play them HERE

(Click the picture for Snake's page on the SSB Dojo site)

This isn't the only thing that has happened in the world of Nintendo as they just released
that every Wii owner can get 4, that's right 4 silicone wiimote-jackets for FREE!!!
These have also been commonly titled "cushiony shield" and are an attempt
to lessen the "accidents" of friends getting a little too intense and beating the crap
out of each other while playing. I assume this is in preparation for SSB coming out,
as the physical controls give it the potential for a wiimote wacking frenzy fest. (say that fast 5 times)

I just ordered mine today :), click here for the online order form
Nintendo says they will begin shipping October 15th and may take 5-10 days to ship depending on your location.

(Click the picture for further details)
Last edited by Homestar on Tue 02 Oct, 2007 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

That looks pretty nice :)
the person whose hand is on the picture aught to trim his/her nails a bit more IMO :P
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

What? There's barely any white left on those nails.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Oh

my

goodness...

...of all things, I can't believe you're arguing about the fingernails of the person in the picture.

:shockedpuzzled: :lol: *laughs out loud, and goes back to doing school work as before*
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Add an eyepatch and he does rather look like his namesake. :)
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Homestar wrote:Oh

my

goodness...

...of all things, I can't believe you're arguing about the fingernails of the person in the picture.
Sorry but to me the fact that KH thinks those nails need more trimming is more interesting than SBB.
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

I unno, I am VERY much looking foward to brawl, but the original SSB on the N64 is without a doubt my favorite. Alot of the characters got nerfed on SSB Melee, and i didt care for the charging of Smash attacks. I just can't wait to see how the metaknight guy on BRAWL plays.... MMMMMMMMMM... Metaknight /drool.
Projects:
Projects:TBA-Soonish. :)
Updated 5/3/12