Smash Bros Brawl

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Slippy was supposed to be "youthful" sounding. But, he is male.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Whoo-hoo! Smashbros.com just announced a brand-new newcomer! Ike from the Fire Emblem Series!
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Xphoenix

Post by Xphoenix »

Ike... That'll be like Roy or Marth.

But yay for more swords men!
ImageImage
I don't have them, but no one can stop me :)
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Actually I was hoping they could use Ike to replace Roy and Marth. They were so annoying in Melee. I would much rather have 16-20 equally different and high quality characters (like in the original) than many lower quality and unequal characters.

Apparently there is a wii version called Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn. How come I haven't seen it in the stores? is it exclusively for Japan?
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Ok, I have something really cool I can bring into the mix here.

I work at a large retail store (Target) as one of the people in the electronics section. So today was going as a normal day, selling cameras, games, (we had one Wii in stock!) blah blah blah. Then a Nintendo representative came in, and me being the only person currently in electronics, I got to talk, and get updates directly from the her.

Outside of normal things such as the zapper (a mold in which the wiimote and nunchuck pop in to make a gun like controller), the new releases, and upcoming releases, I asked her a few questions about SSB.

Now she said that the to-store-representatives don't get to know much more than the public, however she has played the final version of SSB on the Wii. Final version? That's right they have completely finished making Suber Smash Brawl, and are currently mass producing them for the release date. They apparently are holding the game because of Halo 3 (which I haven't quite figured out as it releases September 23rd). Also she did confirm that Sonic the hedgehog was not on the selection. She being an non-gaming-adult wasn't quite as familiar with all the characters as we might would be (such as Ike, pit, or some of the other characters and item's official names) so outside of some descriptions, I wasn't able to really get anything specific out of her, not to mention she only played it for a few minutes.

--- at this point I was interrupted by 2 customers (target calls them guests) and as both of us had things to do around the store I didn't get to ask much else about SSB.---

I did get a cool history of how Sony origionally wanted to join Nintendo and make the Playstation as a co-gaming system between the two companies. apparently Sony wanted to be equal in this pact, and have full rights to the Nintendo characters (which fully makes sense), however, Nintendo would not grant Sony this right, making the two competitors, and Nintendo decided to make the N64 (Sony keeping their idea of naming their system the Playstation).

Also just like microsoft came out with the Xbox360 Elite, Nintendo intends to roll out with a black version of the Wii. What special abilities could this new "Wii Elite" hold? (it's not really going to be called that) DVD playing capabilities!!! *golf clap in the background*

as interesting as all that was, I got a complimentary Wii pen for keeps :excited:
Xphoenix

Post by Xphoenix »

1. No Sonic!?!??!?!?

*thousands of screams in background*

2. Yayz, it's coming out soon!
ImageImage
I don't have them, but no one can stop me :)
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

oooh nice pen!
I think, therefore iMac
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Xphoenix wrote:
?

Halo 3? yeah I can't wait, I should have been more specific, as I assumed everyone knew December 3rd is the date for SSB release.
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

Homestar wrote:
Xphoenix wrote:
?

Halo 3? yeah I can't wait, I should have been more specific, as I assumed everyone knew December 3rd is the date for SSB release.
I guess people will just need to check the Notices section on the website. :wink:
jimmothy

Post by jimmothy »

there is no way it takes 4 months to mass produce this game. thats rediculous. i would assume that the disk may be complete but they are working on the online aspects of the game which are separate from the disks. they could put a ssbb to every single wii in four months if that was they focused all thier resources in mass producing the game.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

I was told they are done, just holding it for release.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

No Sonic?!!? Well, I did say this game was full of suprises.

Holding the release is a good move. Releasing it against Halo 3 would be a disaster. And they'll have plenty stockpiled for Christmas.

I'm not totally ready to write off the idea of Sonic. They had the licenceing, and clearly responded to gamer request from networks like IGN. Maybe Sonic will be left out to draw more attention to Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. Still, I get the feeling they have one more ace up their sleeve.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

The trophies possibly?
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

How about one of those characters that appear from those weird pokeball-like items?
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

You mean Pokemon?