BeSoT GIS new grayscale drawing Tool

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

ninja_master

BeSoT GIS new grayscale drawing Tool

Post by ninja_master »

Screens! Taken with PTI
Image Image

BeSoT Greyscale Imaging Suite (GIS), is a new innovative approach to drawing programs on calculators. This is very graphically based and is written in BASIC with xLib. All of the sprites were drawn by me. I don't have a lot of the stuff done but I decided to share what I have with the community. One great thing about BeSoT is its ability to draw in three-color grey scale. It will use a checkered pattern for best results and takes two picture files to save it. There is 252 save files available for saving, because pictures 0,1,2, and 75 are used by the program. You will also be able to make add-ons to improve usability. BeSoT comes with a couple already on it. These include, text editor/paster, Copy/paste feature so that you can copy stuff to different pictures, a zoom function for sprite editing, and others.

Here's what I have done
Core, thing that runs it all
Sprites
all the scripting for everything but greyscale.
Load, Save stuff
Text editor add-on

Things not done
other add-ons
All greyscale scripts

Things that I need help with
A script that will make greyscale lines, and boxes. I have an idea what I want to do just want some input.
Other features that you would like to see.
If you like the idea of this

Thanks and plz post
Last edited by ninja_master on Tue 27 Mar, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wright Studios.org the place for calculator graphics.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Wow, this looks really neat! It is like sketchy but in basic + xlib ;). I really like the menu bar with the icons (like on a Mac kinda). As far as GS routine would go, you could talk with killerplayer of omnimaga as he made something of the effect.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I really like the OS X style toolbar, that looks great :).

Also CDI knows a lot about xLIB grayscale.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

That is what that reminds me of - the Dock. I knew I had seen that effect somewhere else.
Image Image Image
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

It runs a lot faster and smoother on the calc. I have a 84+ SE and it works great on it.

With the greyscale stuff I know the theory behind it just can't come up with a runtine to make greyscale lines and boxs. I can do the pen, though.

P.S. - When I was putting my programs into PTI one of the programs said transmission error and wouldn't load. Does anyone know whats up with that?
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

That can happen because there isnt enough memory free, or perhaps your programs are corrupted (TI-Connect has been known to do this sometimes). You might have to delete the whatever.rom.pti and try from scratch.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

I put the program in first so it's not PTI it proly is TI Connect. I wish someone would come up with a connect program that uses usb connection.
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

cool.
dock++
I think, therefore iMac
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

very neato! With some of the map editors, it would be cool to see a realy good basic+xlib game development suit.
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

Could you point me into a direction of a map editor. I might make a plug-in for it, or someone else could make one. I will get the info need to make one tomorrow.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Many people have made map editors, I myself made one that is alright. Necro made one for his zelda game which is really nice ;). Also I think the new version of TLIP or w/e has USB linking.
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

It claims to, but I can never get it to realize that I have a calculator connected to it.
Shaun
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

If you guys want to make any Add-ons for BeSoT, here is something that I whipped up to give you some basics. Hey, kalan_vod, could you either let me look at your source so i can get an idea on how to make one good, or could you make one. That would be cool. I still can't find a good way to make checkered boxs, and lines. I think that I will release a beta very soon so that you guys can take a look at it and see if you can come up with a way to do it. All that I have to do before the beta is finish the add-ons page and make it pick up external add-ons.

Here is the link to the add-on guidelines.
http://filexoom.com/files/13625/Other/B ... Add-on.doc
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

Okay sorry about the long wait but I kinda lost interest in this for a while but lately I have worked on it longer and finished all of the add-ons, added more grayscale support, not boxs, and filled boxes though, just lines and pen tools. by the way the add-ons are still a little buggy but they work most of the time.

Here is a download link.

BeSoT GIS.zip
MeowHead2adg1

Post by MeowHead2adg1 »

ninja_master wrote:Okay sorry about the long wait but I kinda lost interest in this for a while but lately I have worked on it longer and finished all of the add-ons, added more grayscale support, not boxs, and filled boxes though, just lines and pen tools. by the way the add-ons are still a little buggy but they work most of the time.

Here is a download link.

BeSoT GIS.zip
Yes on that particular day it was ok and my favourite thing to do. I almost thought as well, but in the end i was ok.

I was wondering about your online gambling? I enjoy such pleasure too.

free