Anarchy: What a learning curve!

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

anykey wrote:
DigiTan wrote:I guess the game isn't the only thing in a state of Anarchy.

So no one's got info on this game? Zilch? No strategy guides, no tips, hints, clues, or so much as a caffene-induced rant that might point me toward victory?
Come on! All I did was type in "anarchy" to the ticalc search, and found the readme in the archive.
http://www.ticalc.org/cgi-bin/zipview?8 ... NARCHY.TXT
He has read the readme.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Yes, obviously I couldnt've gotten the game itself without also getting that readme. A quick once-over of the readme and my opening post will reveal none of my 4 questions were ever addressed by that author. :P
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

.ok, to finally answer your four questions then:

1. The relevance is stated within the readme. Each of the items has a little symbol next to it. The more illegal or expensive looking it is, the more it is going to sell for on planets that will buy it. Such as the gun, which is weapons (and icon 7 below), can only be bought and sold at level 4 or above planets.
The pattern for relevance goes kinda like this:
As with the amounts you can carry, you can carry up to 9 of a certain type of item, and 32 of a combination of all your items.

The bottom icons are
Energy Refill (your health):Missles
Laser Upgrade:Shield Upgrade

2. You can't see the dock. It is an imaginary goal you reach after you defeat a certain amount of enemies. The reason this is so is because I believe this game is a cross between pseudo 3D and real 3D, so it isn't a real space flight simulator because you can't judge distances.

3. That is because of the above reason as well. Instead, they are shown to you, and you have to use the radar to find them if they are too far offscreen. If they zoom backwards and shrink into nothing, then they got away.

4. The radar is just dots according to the area of screen that you can scroll between in order to spot them. If the dot is in the middle of the radar, then they should be in your screen, or else they still haven't zoomed close enough into view.

Does that finally answer your questions? It took me about a day to figure all this out. It is quite fun once you get used to it.
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Whew! Thanks. Anarchy was going to get a scathing, XPlay-style review if not for this info. Minus drunken Link.
Projects:

anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

DigiTan wrote:Whew! Thanks. Anarchy was going to get a scathing, XPlay-style review if not for this info. Minus drunken Link.
That gives me an idea...what if we did X-Play style reviews for calc games? There's a big enough audience, and if they were well-done, they might become pretty popular.
Any takers?
I think, therefore iMac
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Yea, that would be a really funny thing to do :D. If we could find a crew with good enough voices that they won't scratch people's ears, and a good enough "cameraman" for the game images. Plus some people with a video camera in case we need some out of calc jokes.

Anyways, on subject with Anarchy, it kinda gets boring after you play it for a while. Increasing the difficulty only throws more ships at you on the higher level planets. I have already bought all the upgrades and have most of the map at lvls 5 and above, on difficulty 9 :(
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

I have a decent mic and would love to do this!
I think, therefore iMac
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

As long as I don't have to read viewer mail. :lol:
Projects:

Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

It is a fun game! I play it sometimes when I get bored of minesweeper (14 seconds on easy, BEAT THAT! :D )!
inc (hl) when he should have done inc hl.
Thats sounds like me...lol
Life is getting better.