Summer of 2006 Release Spree

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

You don't need to take a test?

I can't drive, and don't really see any point in it. 17 is the minimum age here, though.
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

Nope, no test. If you're 18 with no car you can't hold a job, go to school, go out and buy cigarettes, go vote, go take driving tests, etc... Certainly you don't expect anyone to walk or ride a bike anywhere?
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

We have this wonderful invention called "public transport" in England. You know, trains, buses and so on. :)
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

We have a mediocre bus system and nearly had a subway kind of thing, but too many people opposed it. I can't say that I know anyone here that's ever ridden on one of our buses (aside from school buses, of course, which start picking up students in [WARNING: ALMOST ON TOPIC]September to prevent kids from obtaining their copies of the Summer of 2006 Release Spree[/WARNING] :P).
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

where do you live that you don't need to take a drivers test? That seems strange.

BTW, I'm 18, and no license, of course. I do have a permit though.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

benryves wrote:We have this wonderful invention called "public transport" in England. You know, trains, buses and so on. :)
Wtf is that? We barely got buses down here like a year ago. It might just be one bus, I don't know I see it in a lot of places, I can't tell if it's the same one or not.

What was the topic again?
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Geez...I got my license when I was 16, I dont know about you other guys that dont have one, but for me I needed license.

See I hold this thing called a job, and when you get said thing, it makes it very hard for the rents to go out and drop you off all the time. For me there was no question about it, I needed a license.

Plus what if you wanna go out with your friends, or meet up with them at a movie? Oh mom has to give you a ride...or they can pick you up...but with gas prices, who the hell wants to drive out to pick you up?

I live out in the country, so for some of you this might not be as big a problem as it was for me. But trust me once you get your license, and can actually drive on your own, it is so much better!

edit:
Oh my god...TCOL trailer is amazing! heh I love the voice work! :lol:
As for a project, if I can get it working, I will surely join in!
We are gonna make the archivers really work this summer!
The Revolution is here...
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Getting a license for me may be critical, as I'm considering becoming an EMT. In the US, once you're 18 you don't have to do driving school or wait six monthd after getting a permit, but you do still have to take the test.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

does anyone know where chickendude is from? I can't imagine a country not requiring a driving test for a license.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I always assumed the US...but I guess not because I have never heard of anything like that before!
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

The US.

And it appears you do need to take a test, and that it is for a commercial driver's license. I've got my facts all mixed up:
"If you are 18 or older, applying for a CDL and have not previously held a CDL, you must show proof that:

=you passed a state-approved driver education program designed specifically for commercial motor vehicles, or

=you held a CDL instruction permit at least 30 days before taking the CDL road skills test at DMV."
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

ah I thought you were from the US...
L4E_WakaMol-King
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by L4E_WakaMol-King »

Good idea Timendus. Now that I am back, I will try to have the promised Loom demo ready by the end of the summer. :)
Image - Now Under Development - [Progress]
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

I would get some stuff out... If the person working on my sprites would actually show me some progress :(
Shaun
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Just wanted to kick this, since it's a nice initiative. EarlyMorning will be defently available for a release. I'll release a beta on this site before to get some bugs fixed (if there are any), and I'll upload the less-or-more bugfree version to ticalc whith Timendus other stuff :)