The worst sickness.. ever?

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

The worst sickness.. ever?

Post by DarkAuron »

[Warning: Very graphically described. Not meant for children's eyes.]

Imagine waking up in the morning having really bad diarrhea. We all know what that's like. Except this diarrhea has pus in it, and very much so smells like it. But then, your parents go out of town 70 miles away from home, and shortly after they leave, you start throwing up. A lot. And I don't mean just throwing up every now and then. I mean throwing up continuously over a 2 minute period, each time giving you space enough to catch some breath before you puke again. That would be one 'group'.

Each 'group' occurs every 20-30 minutes. Over a 6 hour period. Complete torture, right? Well, it gets worse. Not only is there continuous throwing up and diarrhea, which prevents any food or medicines from staying in your body, but every muscle in your body screams of pain. It's as if spiked metal bars were infused with your limbs. Try sleeping like that. Oh wait, you can't.. you spend what seems like endless hours trying to get rest but you keep throwing up.

Eventually, you manage to get an hour or two of sleep. But you still feel like you havn't slept in 2 weeks. The only thing you can consume is tap water, a kind of tap water that has at least 50% chlorine in it, so it tastes absolutely horrible.

And finally the evening comes. You phase in and out of sleep, hoping that the morning is near, but it seems to take forever. During the middle of the night you take a very relaxing, steaming hot bath that feels like heaven in a tub. Although as you take your bath you can still smell the diarrhea because the toilet has been completely stopped up no matter how much you use that damn plunger.

As you go back to bed, you realize the ultimate use of a heating pad, that excellently masks the spiking pain that goes all the way down you spine, and eventually you fall asleep peacefully.

When you wake up in the morning, you have the worst headache you've ever known to have in your entire life, as if chuck norris gave a roundhouse kick to your forehead. And again, water is the only option for consumption, despite your stomach's undying need for food. At least the puking stopped.

That is how the past 24 hours have been for me.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Hospital, honestly man, that's what I'd do.
Shaun
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

After taking tylenol the pains are pretty much gone, but my stomach still hurts from the lack of food. And just so you know, my parents still aren't home.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Pus is a result of inflamation, and inflamation inside your body, especially your belly area, means you get to call a doctor right now or at least as soon as the symptoms occur again.

Trust me, you do not want to walk around for almost a year with what it might be, like I did. It got worse near the end. Like, not being able to move from the pain your stomach is causing because that whole region is rotting/consuming itself. Good times where not had while waiting 14 hours for a free operating room. <3 morphine though.

I'm not a doctor so it could be anything, but you do not want to risk it being something permanent, and definately don't want to end up with acute appendicitis.
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

Call 911 pronto. Don't wait.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Most likely it was probably just food poisoning. I'm doing pretty good right now.
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

"just" food poisoning. Are you anti-doctor or something :) ? Don't hesitate on calling when you feel that sick!
Revolution Software
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

you'll be fine man, food poisoning can be hell, but it's usually over after a few days.

I'd call a doctor if it keeps going for a few days though.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Well I've eaten a piece of toast (didn't taste very good), a cereal bar, and a bowl of soup. The soup is making my stomach feel weird but maybe it's because I'm finally digesting something since saturday.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

that's good. I hope you fully recover soon. :)

I do think it would have been a good idea to have called a doctor when you were that sick though. I'm glad you're getting better.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Well we don't have a family doctor, and a doctor isn't going to come to me (this is america). Plus my parents havn't been home, so I'm pretty much on my own. And I'm fine now.
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

Alright, but when you were that sick, after three hours, you should have called 911.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft
L4E_WakaMol-King
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: The worst sickness.. ever?

Post by L4E_WakaMol-King »

DarkAuron wrote:you have the worst headache you've ever known to have in your entire life, as if chuck norris gave a roundhouse kick to your forehead.
Damn... just... damn.
Last edited by L4E_WakaMol-King on Mon 19 Jun, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image - Now Under Development - [Progress]
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Food poisoning doesn't cause internal inflammation and you're perfectly capable of using a telephone while your parents aren't home.

Just so you know..
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Definitely man, if you're ever that sick you shouldn't hesitate to call. Even if it turned out to be nothing serious, no one would be angry at you. It's best to err on the side of caution.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"