I Quit

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

T0RM3N7
Sir Posts-A-Lot

I Quit

Post by T0RM3N7 »

well it seems that I have lost my love for calc programming (or maybe my nerves)
I have way too much other stuff hapenning and I haven't been doing as much programming as I should. Something had to give, and this was it. I quit. No more calc programming for me. But on the lighter side I will still be here if anyone want's to pick up where I left off. I will also try help those who I feel I can help. but the only games you'll see coming from me are either Java or C++.
Sorry to disappoint those who were looking forward to my games.
girls=time*money
time=money
girls=money*money
money is the root of all evil
girls=(evil^1/2)*(evil^1/2)
girls=(evil^1/2)^2
girls=evil

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Sorry to see you quit programming for calcs. as I think you would've made some great things. Maybe you should just take a break for a while or something? Well at least you plan to stick around for a little while! Good luck with everything, and if you want some C++/Java help just ask. We have a lot of people who know those :P.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Aw, sorry to see you go. I hope you come back.
pacHa
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by pacHa »

As always, I don't think it is necessary to say 'I quit'. I mean, you're not urged by anybody to do/finish something. You may have a break, and come back, or never touch calcs anymore. Everybody has interests evolving, hopefully. This does not imply stopping hobbies, just having others and forgetting some for a while, imo.

Anyway, good luck :)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I would say that moving on from calcs is inevitable for all of us. I wish you nothing but the best for the future.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Is it really? The only reason I can imagine would be the fall of the whole platform. Despite being among the oldest here I still don't see myself 'moving on'.
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

now that's a die-hard TI fan!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

Many of us will continue as long as it's still fun. It is after all, a very cheap hobby (especially if you purchased your calculator for a separate purpose).
The calculator is a platform on which you can do things that haven't done before. For me that's the appeal. Why make a mediocre PC game when you can make an extraordinary calculator game?
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

It's not only inexpensive, but the fact that this a popular system. And most people get programs from one another, it has an almost viral appeal to it.
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

Oh, yes definitely. Knowing that your game will have an audience (even if it is a bunch of kids) is good to know.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

well, i wouldn't say kids, i dont know any elementary kids that have TI-83+'s yet. i would say more along the lines of upper middle to high school teens who dont have anything better to do during math :D

like me :D :D
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

Peace out
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well when i say 'move on' i didnt mean 100% forever, never to return again. I know that i would never be able to leave 'for good' ... but i do know that there will come a time when i wont visit this forum every day and there is eve a possibility that calc related stuff wont keep me awake at night ..... maybe one day :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

like Dwedit?
Image Image Image
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Unfortunately guys I too am losing my interest in calcs... programming, when I can myself do it, is still fun, but It's rare that I actually do anything anymore. I;m sure you've noticed I'm not very active around here anymore. Basically I'm going to take a break, and we'll see how I'm doing in a couple weeks.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"