Do you prototype code in another language?

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

yea...i use dry erase a lot...but sometimes, i only have paper...that works just as well...
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

kalan_vod wrote:
Rezek wrote:
When I was in Comp Sci I used to code the assignment in TI-Basic, which would get me thinking of the logic rather than the actual code, then go onto the computer and code it. Sadly it was a Java class, but I was able to do some things in it.
Dude! Me too, same situation!
Cool, now I don't feel alone! :D
Same. I did try this a few times during my AP comp sci class. It's nice to be able to work out the logic with easy code, then put it into a more difficult language.
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

We should form an elite club of TI-BASIC -> Java programmers :D
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Rezek wrote:We should form an elite club of TI-BASIC -> Java programmers :D
:lol:

well, I'm not really in that category any more. I do mostly c++ programming now for my job, and it's basically to run VTK(open source 3d modeling software that you have to program an interface for) so there really isn't much use for testing logic in basic. However, when I start taking the programming courses for my Computer Engineering major (I'm starting college this fall) I may fall back onto Ti-Basic again. :)
Fr0stbyte124

Post by Fr0stbyte124 »

I usually code directly to z80. If I have a project that I can't figure out for z80 then I usually won't be any more successful when it comes time to transfer it.