TI-84+ : a different text output

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

TI-84+ : a different text output

Post by DarkAuron »

You may not have realized this, but I figured it out whilst working on my ti-basic tilemapping engine. The TI-84+ draws text() differently: it has whitespace underneath the text, rendering it 7 pixels tall instead of the usual 6. I tested the same program on both my ti-83+SE and ti-84+SE with the same code.

Code: Select all

ClrDraw
0->Xmin:94->Xmax
-62->Ymin:0->Ymax
For(I,0,62
Line(0,-I,94,-I
End
Text(32,40,"MOO
Oh, and running the same program on both calculators, starting at the same exact time, shows that the ti-83+SE has a much faster Line( command (almost twice as fast). BOOYAH! I love my ti-83+SE.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

There is an OS Flag for the line under VPutC. It must be set on one and reset on the other for the text( command, which is odd.
ImageImage
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I had this happen on my Ti-83+ back when I had OS 1.12. after a while the text would become 7 pixels tall, I dunno why, it was random
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

xlibman wrote:I had this happen on my Ti-83+ back when I had OS 1.12. after a while the text would become 7 pixels tall, I dunno why, it was random
Most likely a glitch in the OS - some routine, menu, or function that changed the height of the text then forgot to change it back. These flags are permanent (until another routine switches them again) - which is why if you switch on the "lowercase" text input flag, it remain on.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

ASM programs that play with flags can make text output go crazy. xLIB and Zelda spring to mind...
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

On someone's 83+ sometimes the aplha lowercase would lock up so that person couldnt remove it by pressing alpha again, making him no longer be able to access most menus and the only way to fix this was to remove a battery and trigger a OS send with ON+Del, not send the OS and ram clear
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)