WikiTI

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

WikiTI

Post by kv83 »

As I already mentioned in some other topics and conversations, I think we should do more with the WikiTI.

WikiTI is great at the moment for searching documentation of ti-hardware calls and stuff. However, I think WikiTI could take a more important position within the community if it would be a central place for recording projects, groups, people and other stuff. Websites and projects pop-up and go away every once in a while. With it, often the "history" of that project dissapear aswell. What would happen if the site of void would close? Noone would have the info of Sam's Zelda anymore, a game waht imho make some influence of the community. I think WikiTI should have information about those things. I would like a place where I can find easily information about all Zelda's ever made/in development. Of course, just like on the real Wiki, it shouldn't be a place to advertise your own projects. So you shouldn't be allowed to add projects of yourself, but only projects of other people.

What do you guys think?
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

I definitely agree. I think the following things should be a part of it

>>Author Profiles and histories
>>Project stati and histories
>>Calculator info for each model, including specs, easter eggs, emulators, known ROM versions, documentation, etc
>>Info on programming languages, including documentation links, guides, etc.
Image Image Image
GuillaumeH

Post by GuillaumeH »

I think it's a great idea. I also think wikiti is under-used. It could be a repository of good programming practices too.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Go for it. It's been stagnant for several months now, something like this could revitalize it.
ImageImage
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I think a second wiki should be created for this purpose. WkiTI should be dedicated to its original purpose, assembly documentation.
Last edited by lloydkirk1989 on Thu 09 Feb, 2006 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

If you add to the WikiTI, I'd like to suggest that we follow some form of CategoryParent:ChildCategory:ChildCategory thing instead of having just root topics everywhere, if you get my drift :wink:
"If SOURCE is outlawed, only outlaws will have SOURCE."
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

lloydkirk1989 wrote:I think a second wiki should be created for this purpose. WkiTI should be dedicated to its original purpose, assembly documentation.
Then I'd like to see it get more information. Floppus has been busy today, but that's more or less trivial things. I would like to see more useful routines documented; I'm sure we don't have enough covered. I should actually work on it more myself...
ImageImage
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

KermMartian wrote: >>Author Profiles and histories
>>Calculator info for each model, including specs, easter eggs, emulators, known ROM versions, documentation, etc
hello, heard of ticalc.org? I agree that some 'history' or important projects and people should be documented somewhere, but if WikiTI turns into another place where people post their projects, then it will become a complete mess. Keep it a programming resource, I say.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

blueskies wrote:
KermMartian wrote: >>Author Profiles and histories
hello, heard of ticalc.org? I agree that some 'history' or important projects and people should be documented somewhere, but if WikiTI turns into another place where people post their projects, then it will become a complete mess. Keep it a programming resource, I say.
No, you are not allowed to post your own projects their.
I'd like to suggest that we follow some form of CategoryParent:ChildCategory:ChildCategory thing instead of having just root topics everywhere, if you get my drift
Of course. But the implementation or guidelines should be done by the admins imho
GuillaumeH

Post by GuillaumeH »

lloydkirk1989 wrote:I think a second wiki should be created for this purpose. WkiTI should be dedicated to its original purpose, assembly documentation.
The TI community is already spread out (in the bad sense) with dozens of forums all around the web, I guess dividing wikis won't help.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

kv83 wrote:
I'd like to suggest that we follow some form of CategoryParent:ChildCategory:ChildCategory thing instead of having just root topics everywhere, if you get my drift
Of course. But the implementation or guidelines should be done by the admins imho
He ran that by me but I was too lazy to come back here in time to beat him. :)

Hell, he's almost an acting admin anyway.
ImageImage
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

I'd think tutorial would be more beneficial than history. I mean it's already half way there.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

true, I was going to say add basic tutorial as well but there is alerady a big ressource for basic programming at TI-FreakWare whichy is still growing
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Me@WikiTE wrote:I was so free to edit the artilce over Emulator(s). I also created an article regarding PindurTI.

As I already stated on the MaxCoderz board (http://joepnet.com/hosted/maxcoderz/php ... php?t=1521), I think WikiTI has a lot of potential to collect information about the TI community aswell. Thinks like PindurTI, GrayScale and maybe even information about all the Zelda attempts. In my opinion, people can benefit from that information.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Sounds nice, I hope they accept it.