Dragon Song [Beta]

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

axcho

Post by axcho »

Do you want help with your sprites? I made a few medieval sprites you can use and modify if you want. If you modify them, maybe you could put them on Sprite Space.
http://sprites.wikispaces.com/infantry1
http://sprites.wikispaces.com/archer1
http://sprites.wikispaces.com/cavalry1
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

It looks really cool. It inspires me to work on my projects. Is it a bit like WoW or Heroes of Might&Magic or Warlord Battlecry? Anyway, much succes on your project!
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
Erktheorc

Post by Erktheorc »

Kozak wrote:It looks really cool. It inspires me to work on my projects. Is it a bit like WoW or Heroes of Might&Magic or Warlord Battlecry? Anyway, much succes on your project!
I have used some ideas from the Heroes games but since you move all your units on the "map" (they also don't stack) and it's not possible to create new units (only if the map creator makes a script for it) either so well it's more like a turnbased starcraft/warcraft 3 without buildings :)
axcho wrote:Do you want help with your sprites? I made a few medieval sprites you can use and modify if you want. If you modify them, maybe you could put them on Sprite Space.
http://sprites.wikispaces.com/infantry1
http://sprites.wikispaces.com/archer1
http://sprites.wikispaces.com/cavalry1
I'll probably make all my sprites/pictures myself but thanks anyway ;)
Erktheorc

Post by Erktheorc »

Well some updates :)
I have worked quite a lot on the game, not much on the campain though (so no new picture yet). I added a few new events (I still have 3-4 left to do, but they are quite simple and mostly variants of already existing events). One of the new "events" is multiple choice questions (well only two choices) and well that changes a lot of things in my campain. Now the story may change on what you choose and since progress is saved between levels a choice one made at the first level may change all other levels in a campain.
As said earlier the game is heavily event based, and right now has 36 different commands/event that can be used. It's possible to display text, pictures, change tiles, teleport/move units, move the screen (mostly for cinematic events), subroutines, change unit stats, "if tests", change tiles and some register manipulations (16 8-bit registers).
The lack of updates was because I had some difficulties with compiling levels with TASM, so well I solved it by creating a script (in python) for compiling the levels. The levels now stored in XML files (well the whole campain is stored in one XML file) and script simply compiles all the levels and also creates the header file (which must be used to "install" a campain) with it's own 96x8 logo (as seen on the screenshot). The script is really nice and will simplify level creating a lot (and also makes it easier for me to make a level editor in the future if I would want to create one), so I hope I will have some new pictures to show soon :)
I also fixed a few bugs, the game seem to be quite stable at the moment, it hasn't crashed my calculator in a while 8)
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Great to hear that it is being worked on, and sounds very cool with the options.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

sweet...I somehow missed this project earlier...keep it up though it looks really nice....and it sounds even better!:wink:
The Revolution is here...
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

somehow reminds me of age of empires... and those other games like civilization and battlefield earth
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

But I thought this was an adventure game, not a strategy game...
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

i mean age of empires has a campaign mode if you're played it you'd understand what i mean...
Erktheorc

Post by Erktheorc »

threefingeredguy wrote:But I thought this was an adventure game, not a strategy game...
Sorry for not answering earlier, school just started :/
Well it's a strategy game... it's just that the campaign has quite a lot adventure/rpg elements in it :)
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Is this progressing now? I thinks this is a sweet looking game!
Erktheorc

Post by Erktheorc »

I never really stopped working on it :)
I'm still working on the main campaign which will take quite some time to finnish so I think I'm going to release a small 1-2 level demo/beta quite soon. It will use the old graphics though and will not be as good looking as the final version.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

I'll be happy to test, kalan_vod@lycos.com
Erktheorc

Post by Erktheorc »

I'll post a download link when it's ready ;)
Just got the ti83+ version working too, levels load correctly and saving the game also work :)
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

83+? Mmmmm, sounds tasty....
cheese=yum