Community Statistics?

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

L4E_WakaMol-King
Maxcoderz Staff

Community Statistics?

Post by L4E_WakaMol-King »

I've turned the assembly game that I'm working on into a project for my Systems Archetecture class... since SA involves a lot of processor-related stuff. As part of the presentation, I'll be doing an overview of TI assembly programming and the programming community. Does anyone know where I can find some statistics on the community? I'm looking for stuff like...

- How many people have TI calcs
- How many people play TI games
- How many people make TI games
- How many people program in TI assembly
- Other related stuff

I'd imagine that TIcalc is the goto place for stuff like this... but is there anywhere specific I should look or anyone I should talk to?
Image - Now Under Development - [Progress]
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

I haven't the foggiest. Probably best to ask one of the ticalc staff directly.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

I would have answered this post had I known the answer. Sorry I can't be much help.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

threefingeredguy wrote:I would have answered this post had I known the answer. Sorry I can't be much help.
Well thanks for letting us know that you don't have anything to say. We were all wondering why you hadn't answered. :mrgreen: :lol:
In fact, why doesn't everyone who doesn't know the answer to the question post here, stateing that they don't know, but would help if they would. :twisted:

*ahem*

Good luck with your report. Sounds like a neat idea, using a calc program for a report. Who would have thought that programming calculator games would become schoolwork?

Does anyone know a way to contact the ticalc.org staff for a question like this? An e-mail address, perhaps?
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

CompWiz wrote:Well thanks for letting us know that you don't have anything to say. We were all wondering why you hadn't answered. :mrgreen: :lol:
In fact, why doesn't everyone who doesn't know the answer to the question post here, stateing that they don't know, but would help if they would. :twisted:
CompWiz, I'd drop the cynicism; you essentially did this exact same thing. :roll:

The only stat I know is there are 9468 authors on ticalc--from the "Convention" topic.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
L4E_WakaMol-King
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by L4E_WakaMol-King »

That's a start... thanks :).

I'll email the ticalc staff and see if perhaps I can get some download statistics and some poll results.
Image - Now Under Development - [Progress]
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

I think you can better try to get a sales number from TI, then look around in your school to see how much ppl play games. You can get a good estimate that way of how many ppl in total play calc games.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Did you get the results? I would like to see what they are.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

yeah
contact Michael, he's practically the whole entire TI calc.org news staff.

Then ask your math teacher about statistics. I know my math teacher did something about how they get vote counts from people by sampling and not actually voting everyone.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

leofox wrote:I think you can better try to get a sales number from TI, then look around in your school to see how much ppl play games. You can get a good estimate that way of how many ppl in total play calc games.
People own more than one calculator, and calculators may be used by more than one person.
just try to be nice to people.

Post by currahee »

I don't think TI can even give you a sales number. I mean when they sell products all I think a company tell is how well they've sold.

Plus I dont think they could answer the following:
- How many people play TI games
- How many people make TI games
- How many people program in TI assembly
- Other related stuff

The best is to poll your school, but then again the girls would then look at you as a nerd so the best thing i'd say is go to ti-news.net or ticalc.org and request that a poll be made. But the problem with that is, they can answer only 1 question so there would be a long list of radio boxes.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

Yea, it'd be best to put up polls on the ticalc site.