Finals

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

dysfunction
Calc Master

Finals

Post by dysfunction »

I'm about to take my Astrobiology final in 20 minutes, then I've got a calc final Wednesday (my other classes only had final papers, no exams). Then I'm off until January 23rd 8) How have your finals gone?

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Horrible, but I didn't fail any.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Hold the phone, astrobiology? Like, space critters? That's AWESOME. Or I'm wrong.

Either way, the exam I take in 15 minutes determines whether or not I can graduate. The others I took were ok, so far.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

All mine went good so far, i know i've passed maths (yeehaa!), i've got +/- 70 % for physics (w00t!) and i've got 95 % for oral dutch, but other points are counted into that, so i won't have 95 % total :( But it's still good :) All my other exams went good to very good as well... Last one tomorrow, french oral... I hope it'll go good...
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Are "finals" your main exams (that's what the name indicates)? Over here, all big exams take place in the summer (July-ish).
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

We have exams before the christmas holidays and the summer vacation. Also sometimes before the easter holidays.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

threefingeredguy wrote:Hold the phone, astrobiology? Like, space critters? That's AWESOME. Or I'm wrong.
That's kinda what I thought too, but its really basically the evolution of the universe, and the evolution of life, combined to give some perspective on our place in the universe. Cool class, the prof knows his subject and is quite enthusiastic about it (almost overenthusiastic, dude's eyes light up when he starts talking about galaxy formation and he starts making lots of hand gestures), but he's not very organized. We actually have two profs, the other guy does the biology part, and neither of them are all that organized.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

We had ours last week, and they went well. I'm waiting for the results of the other two finals I took, but I should get them soon. Good luck!
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

Mine were last week too and I got A's on all of them!!! YAY!!!!!
cheese=yum
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

benryves wrote:Are "finals" your main exams (that's what the name indicates)? Over here, all big exams take place in the summer (July-ish).
We have one in December and one in May, right before winter and summer breaks.
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

Blarg, I think I got my only C in Numerical Methods aka rote memorization (scored 146/200 on final...). At least I still pass, since I'm not a grad student. It's so nice being done with exams forever.

Hmm. Actually I just did the calculations, and it looks like I have a B- or even a B if they round decimal to nearest, mostly since homework is worth 25%. It doesn't really matter, but it would be nice to have never gotten a C, especially in a CS class.