89 series
12%
92 series(includes Voyage 200 PLT)
2%

Total votes: 59

currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

calcul831415 wrote:Why do you have so many z80 83+/84+ series calcs? I'd be satisfied if I just had one. :roll:
First 83+: LCD Screen Died, didn't send it in to fix because the $50 discount repair offer scared me
Second 83+: In existance
First 83+ S.E.: Met kid thought the d@mn thing was broken. Turns out screen was set to lightest contrast and batts were dead
First 84+: Came to Korea. I really didn't intend on going to school here and I ended up going to school here (stayin for a year). I asked my mom if she could send my 83+ over and she said that it wouldn't arrive when I needed it so my aunt brought me an 84+.

... I just realized how much I gave my money to TI. Day-um, I shoulda just brought an Xbox 360 :x
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

i have an 82 (the original, bulky 1970's cell phone lookin one)
and an 84+se

.. hehe no 83s..
KRoot

Post by KRoot »

I have too many calculators in my collection.

83, 83+, 83+SE and a 89

i want to get an 86 because they are the best, but i have too many as it is
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I have a somewhat working 83+ (Cant play games on it anymore)
I also have a 84+ SE (I love the SEs)
The Revolution is here...
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Madskillz wrote:I have a somewhat working 83+ (Cant play games on it anymore)
I also have a 84+ SE (I love the SEs)
Yeah, the se's are nice, but the lcd drivers can be a pain. Also, more Ram would have been nice. Even a little would help. You can't really use the whole archive up because it takes up too much of the ram, so many programs won't run.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

The 83+SE actually has more RAM :P. 128KB, but TI was too lazy to make a new OS..
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Hmm, isn't there someone working on a new 3rd party operating system? Maybe it will let you use the more ram.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

CompWiz wrote:Hmm, isn't there someone working on a new 3rd party operating system? Maybe it will let you use the more ram.
do they have a web site? id like to see the progress. the ti os is crap.
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

Sigma (CSX) and Darth Android from UTI (DragonOS) are/were working on OSes, they're the only ones I know of. Both OSes seem to be deader than a doornail on the door to a crypt in an abandoned cemetery in Death Valley (no offense to either author, making an OS is most definitely not an easy task).

CSX v0.27 beta - the latest version of CSX that I found.

Edit: there's also PongOS.
just try to be nice to people.

Post by CompWiz »

Actually, I think someone was working along on one a little while back. He was pretty far along, but then TI sent him a letter threatening to sue him or something because he was using some of the code from their OS. I remember reading it somewhere. Probably on UTI. Because of that he stopped.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

KRoot wrote:I have too many calculators in my collection.

83, 83+, 83+SE and a 89

i want to get an 86 because they are the best, but i have too many as it is
When I got my 89Ti, my brother got my 86. What do you mean they are the best? Then again, I'm bad at ASM programming without ION because I rely so much on writeback.

My 89-BASIC RPG is not working out at all. I don't feel like learning all the special differences between 83+ BASIC and 89-BASIC so I'm going to just continue learning C, forget about programming during classes, and write a C version so I'd have nice greyscale. Can someone clarify as to whether HW3 on 89Ti will support greyscale? And which C libraries include nice greyscale funtions?
Image Image Image
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

CompWiz wrote:Hmm, isn't there someone working on a new 3rd party operating system? Maybe it will let you use the more ram.
There are some programs that use the extra RAM i think.

Oh, i only have an 83+ btw, to stay on the topic.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

I voted 83, 83+ and 84+. Actually I don' t have an 83, but my older sis does, and I have used it too in the past, so I thought I could vote that one as well. Then, my old trusty 83+, which I've coded and played games on for 2 years... Ah, the good times we've been through together... And the bad times... Actually, now that I think about it, there were more bad times than good times... Ah nevermind. My younger sister uses it now. And then, my new 84+, don't worry, my precious, I'll protect you... Gollum, gollum...