Xbox 360 just a day away...

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

*applaud*
So they look purdy so what?? Does it mean anything has changed?
I really hate how the public sees these things. Hopefully Nintendo can change things :)
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

Spencer wrote:You've gotta realize that even though this is great hardware and the graphics are good, it just isn't that much better. What's different? It's prettier? Is that good enough? It might be enough this generation, but what about in the long run? The Porsche in a next generation game may look more like a photo than this generation, but hell, not that much more like it. I personally don't think this is the way games should go. I won't be the sucker to pay 60 to 70 dollars for a single game for a 400 dollar system.
So true..... Hopefully there will be MORE games for it.......(good games that is)
cheese=yum
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Call of duty 2 is a pretty damn good game and the PC game sucks in comparison.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hehehe, did you see the comment:
"Next XBox360 headline: "Microsoft releases SP1 for XBox360" Merry Christmas!!!"
:).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

lloydkirk1989 wrote:Call of duty 2 is a pretty damn good game and the PC game sucks in comparison.
And why does it suck in comparison? Don't compare a game based on graphics. The only reason why you think it sucks on a PC is because you don't own a X1800XT or 7800GTX to run it.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Actually, my dad's pc has a radeon x700 in it with 128 DDR and an amd athlon 64 3500. That kind of meets the minimium system requirements. :)
I've played on both platforms and the xbox360 version is much better in graphics and performance. And its bound to be better. The xBOX360 has a specialized graphics card from ati which probably owns any other available on the market. Have you even played the game?
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

Okay, when I said the PSIII will be better I based it off of what I've heard about the 360 and the PSIII.
There's lots of evidence that shows software crashing the 360. The hardware on it is great, but ms's whole development scheme is really sloppy.
I know for a fact that the PSIII has a faster processor, and that Sony actually spends time and money making developer tools and writes good software.
Yes, I hate both companies, but Sony just seems to have the better product (or so I think :) )
Who knows, maybe the PSIII will fail miserably! :shock:
I think, therefore iMac
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Personally, I'm hoping Revolution will be okay because I'd like to play classic N64 and Gamecube games.

Actually I heard this morning that some of the XBOX 360s were already having hardware defects. Microsoft said it will replace them free of charge or something. Maybe it was just a rumor.
Image Image Image
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

I'd wait a little to see what console seems to hold up the best. Still, I'm most interested in what the PS3 can do considering the new HW it got and the information that Sony has released about the development environment (Linux pre-installed and OpenGL ES!).

Oh, the games? I couldn't care less :)
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

I'm going to go out to the local game shop (it also sells used stuff) on the day that the revolution comes out and buy an NES (mine broke yesterday)
ImageImage
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Lol, that would be funny. Can't you just use an emulator on your computer though?
bananas... o.o
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Why not get an emulator? Most roms are perfectly legal to download for NES since few games that old are ISDA protected.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

One market reseach firm got its hands on an Xbox 360 via eBay and proceeded to tear it apart. Chris Crotty, an analyst at iSuppli, said the firm concluded that Microsoft is spending about $553 for all the parts and assembly on each Xbox 360. That means that the company is losing $153 on each console, not counting marketing costs. On the original Xbox, Microsoft was losing an estimated $125 on each box, based on similar ""tear down'' surveys in 2001.
The iSuppli analysts said that the IBM microprocessor in the machine costs $106, while the ATI Technologies graphics chip costs about $141.
Da f? An Xbox 360 costs $553? Do you find that hard to believe, or is it just me? http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2005/1 ... es__1.html
0oruneo0

Post by 0oruneo0 »

Yep. I heard M$ loses $125 per unit sold. The games are where the $ is at.