The Legend of the Lithium Battery

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

whoah its unbelievable a charge can last that long. they need those in mp3 players.

... talk about reviving dead topics
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

lecks wrote:whoah its unbelievable a charge can last that long. they need those in mp3 players.

... talk about reviving dead topics
What? I was making a relevant reply to the appropriate topic. :mrgreen:

and I could use a higher post count
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

AndySoft wrote:Actually, no. The processor in the calculator would just be too weak to handle HTML with reasonable speed (not to mention TCP in general). Add to that the very limited screen space, and it's definitely not worth it (for web browsing).
AvantGo would fare much better than HTML. Or we could develop our own web page code... .tiht83p (TI Hypertext 83p)
... eww what a long extension
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

currahee wrote:
AndySoft wrote:Actually, no. The processor in the calculator would just be too weak to handle HTML with reasonable speed (not to mention TCP in general). Add to that the very limited screen space, and it's definitely not worth it (for web browsing).
AvantGo would fare much better than HTML. Or we could develop our own web page code... .tiht83p (TI Hypertext 83p)
... eww what a long extension
You know, there is a web browser for calculator by Kerm Martian. http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 25917.html
he also has plans for a modem, a networking hub, a color screen(using color lcd's behind the normal screen), and a program to be able to use a mouse plugged into the TICI 1.0 hub. Here is a complete listing of his files:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/au ... /6077.html
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Ehhhh...that 'browser' is only 800 bytes large. Either old Kerm's come up with some miracle compression that would shame all of MIT, or somebody's sellin' snake oil. No offense to Kerm or snake oil.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

I hope he offers a free modem ISP service for his new TI calculator TICI vision :roll:
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

How nice, three year old Basic shit from Kerm... How useful posting that in any discussion... :)
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

I'm always amazed when I see someone actually believing all that gibberish. :)
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

CoBB wrote:I'm always amazed when I see someone actually believing all that gibberish. :)
I'm not saying I believe it, I have never really looked into whether it works or not, just putting it out there, as we were discussing web browsing, and he has a web browser, and plans for a calc modem.
Just curious, did anyone ever try installing the led's to make a color screen? I once thought about doing it on my calc. : - )
Last edited by CompWiz on Mon 24 Oct, 2005 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

CompWiz wrote:Just curious, did anyone ever try installing the led's to make a color screen? I once thought about doing it on my calc. :-)
Before I saw Kerm's, I built my own using 3 colour filters and some bulbs. The result was very bad; worse flickering than greyscale and the resulting colours were muddy and unclear (the green reflection from the back of the LCD looks crap - using properly coloured backlights might look better).
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Timendus wrote:How nice, three year old Basic shit from Kerm... How useful posting that in any discussion... :)
Ahh... well played! :P
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Yeah, that was indeed supposed to be a joke. :D
Image Image Image