A new cpu, and by suprise a new vidcard

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

wow, you guys know alot about this cards. the sad part is, i might not even be getting that powerbook. i might just wait til jan when the INTEL CPU'S COME TO APPLE!!! i've never owned an apple before, but man...they work so much better, and are actually pretty cheap now.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

crzyrbl wrote:wow, you guys know alot about this cards. the sad part is, i might not even be getting that powerbook. i might just wait til jan when the INTEL CPU'S COME TO APPLE!!! i've never owned an apple before, but man...they work so much better, and are actually pretty cheap now.
they arent as cheap as pcs are, but they are quiet nice and well you pay for the name basiclly.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

A lot of stuff that runs on PCs doesn't run on Macs though. :cry: I prefer PCs.
bananas... o.o
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Spengo wrote:A lot of stuff that runs on PCs doesn't run on Macs though. :cry: I prefer PCs.
yeah thats one of the major factors that make me stay with pcs, that and well i know more about pcs.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

I got a pc only to program. Otherwise, I use Mac. Did you guys hear about that iBook incedent? Some school district had a surplus of them, so they sold them for 50 dollars apiece. An old man and a baby and maybe a few more got trampled in the 10,000 person crowd.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

So I got my 2800+ yesterday, and thought I needed thermal paste. Eventually I figured out that theres 'thermal material' on the bottom of the heatsink, so I went and put in the cpu and heatsink/fan, booted up just fine :) Setup BIOS, got into windows, let it install drivers for an hour... then I couldn't boot into windows anymore -.-

I had to fight with windows for another two hours to solve driver conflicts, but I finally got things going, and it's quite nice now :)

Now for my 9600.. mm.. :o Won't get here until Tuesday :x
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

DarkAuron wrote:I had to fight with windows for another two hours to solve driver conflicts, but I finally got things going, and it's quite nice now :)
Which wouldn't happen (as badly at least) if you were using XP. :P :wink:
ImageImage
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

Haha, that's a good one... I had to fight my network-card drivers a few hours ago in XP.
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

Well, I feel that AGP 8x is faster than AGP 4x. Just my personal expierence.

My GPU is 500 and memory is 1000 MHz
Life is getting better.
mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

Yes AGP 8x is faster than 4x, but even at that it is still only 66 Mhz, any faster and it starts to screw up. Trust me on this one I've tried overclocking it faster, not pretty.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

AndySoft wrote:
DarkAuron wrote:I had to fight with windows for another two hours to solve driver conflicts, but I finally got things going, and it's quite nice now :)
I dunno, it took me a good couple hours to get my XP up and running. Then again, I did build it from scratch. Much cheaper that way. Down with Dell! :twisted:
bananas... o.o
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Spengo wrote:
AndySoft wrote:
I dunno, it took me a good couple hours to get my XP up and running. Then again, I did build it from scratch. Much cheaper that way. Down with Dell! :twisted:
yeah i dont like dell, but for a uneducated user dell is cheap and decent. but i would build one or get someone i know build it if i didnt know how.....
mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

Speaking of buying a coputer, I'm in the process of buying a full computer for under $200, $199.78 with 256 Mb ram, it's olnly $220. Athlon XP 2600+ 20 gb hard drive. :D
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

A full computer for under $200? You realize that it's going to be able to run your email and that's about it, right? :P
bananas... o.o
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

Where do people in Europe here buy their computer hardware online? I need a good site...