DragonballZ Budokai

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

that look good?
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

I'd recommend making the shirt short-sleeved, and making his upper torso more muscular- sure it's hard at that res, but right now he looks like a rather weak guy in sweatclothes. His shoulders especially need to be better defined. Also it looks like his clothes are one piece- I'd add a belt and perhaps a little more shading, try to show some creases in his shirt.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

ooh your'e right!
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

it seems this is dead... is it?
FrostFusion

Post by FrostFusion »

No i just talk to CR34T1V3 yesterday. He is just really busy and he leaves for Tennessee in like 4 days. The project is on hyaetis or however you spell it but it is not dead yet. I will see if he can get on a show a screenie before he leaves.
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

whew that would be good I don't want good games to die...
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

thecheat: A few recommendations on the goku sprite, if you want some. The detail is pretty good on the right leg (from our view the left), it has a nice outline, but that outline doesn't follow through for the rest of the sprite. When you have detail for a sprite, it needs to stay throughout so it flows smoothly, otherwise it'll look like it was hacked together. Also his right shoulder is too diagonal, curve it a bit more and it'll look better. His head is too small, make it a pixel taller and that should allow for more detail, better proportion. Last thing is that his hands don't seem to exist, add those in and you'll have a great sprite. As for the extra details like a belt, shading, and creases would make it fantastic, but they aren't NEEDED, just required if you want to make it amazing with great detail.

Take my tips and use them wisely, improvements are always needed in sprites, no matter how new or professional the artist is. And by no means am I putting your skills down, I'm just trying to help you improve it.
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

thanks ! :D I always love help to make my stuff better.

EDIT - how's this? Image

EDIT - here's an anamated one Image
it's missing a slide that I couldn't figure out how to do... :(

and the sprite sheets:
ImageImage Image

the missing slide goes inbetween the second and third ones...help any one?

Next time i will just delete your posts - tr1p1ea
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

ha...Tr1p had to step in and take charge I see. Remember, try not to double post within like 5 mins of eachother. At least wait a day for somebody to reply, if nobody replies, than you can post again with more info, screenshots, what have you...Oh and dont ask why nobody hasn't posted yet either. I am not staff, and I am not sure if this is how they would go about things. But for me and all the users of this forum, it just makes things cleaner. So heed my advice!

That is surely an improvement cheat! I still think it needs improvement...
The Revolution is here...
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

sorry about the double posting(triple?) :oops: but what do you think I should change on it madskills?